Options

FS OR WTT: Perfect Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 DG HSM Macro

pyanezpyanez Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
edited August 8, 2007 in House of Canon
Wanted to Trade or sell for the right price:

Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 DG EX Macro

Hope I got the alphabet soup of letters right. In any case, this is the newest 70-200mm from Sigma, a wonderful lens but just too short for what I need -- should have gone with the Sigma 100-300 or better yet the 50-500mm. The lens is only 2 months old and was purchased directly from Sigma. Everything is in perfect condition. The lens is quick to focus and very sharp. Really a fantastic available light. portrait or short telephoto. However, it's a bit short form my main interests (wildlife and sports) so I'd be willing to give up some light for length.

You can see some images take with it here:

www.pbase.com/pyanez/hiwinds

and

http://www.pbase.com/pyanez/aruba

I'm looking to either trade the lens for one of the above lenses, or another telephoto in that range (Canon 100-400mm L, or some prime lens). If you are interested in buying the lens feel free to make me an offer.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    GraphyFotozGraphyFotoz Registered Users Posts: 2,267 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    pyanez wrote:
    Wanted to Trade or sell for the right price:

Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 DG EX Macro

Hope I got the alphabet soup of letters right. In any case, this is the newest 70-200mm from Sigma, a wonderful lens but just too short for what I need -- should have gone with the Sigma 100-300 or better yet the 50-500mm. The lens is only 2 months old and was purchased directly from Sigma. Everything is in perfect condition. The lens is quick to focus and very sharp. Really a fantastic available light. portrait or short telephoto. However, it's a bit short form my main interests (wildlife and sports) so I'd be willing to give up some light for length.

You can see some images take with it here:

www.pbase.com/pyanez/hiwinds

and

http://www.pbase.com/pyanez/aruba

I'm looking to either trade the lens for one of the above lenses, or another telephoto in that range (Canon 100-400mm L, or some prime lens). If you are interested in buying the lens feel free to make me an offer.

Thanks

Don't rule out one of these! thumb.gif

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=66903

Got one and love it!
    The OS is a huge plus.
    Canon 60D | Nikon Cooloix P7700
    Manfrotto Mono | Bag- LowePro Slingshot 100AW

http://www.graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2007
    Funny you should mention that one - he lives a few minutes from me and it is an interesting lens. However, he's not interested in the 70-200 and I'm not sure about a lens without USM/HSM for wildlife photography.

Thanks for the tip though.
  • Options
    YATYAT Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited August 6, 2007
    What is your price for selling the lens?
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2007
    B&H has this lens for $890. Mine is in perfect shape and is only 2 months old so I'm asking for $825 OBO shipped/insured. Since Paypal charges 3%+, I'd like to split these charges or recieve payment in the form of a Money Order.

YAT wrote:
    What is your price for selling the lens?
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2007
    Still available - new price $800, buyer pays PP fees.
    pyanez wrote:
    B&H has this lens for $890. Mine is in perfect shape and is only 2 months old so I'm asking for $825 OBO shipped/insured. Since Paypal charges 3%+, I'd like to split these charges or recieve payment in the form of a Money Order.
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2007
    I can vouch for pyanez - we did an "in-person" trade on my 80-400 (see link in GraphyFotoz's post, above). We met, he inspected, he liked, we went to his bank, he got cash, trade done. No muss, no fuss. I believe him to be a genuinely good guy and trust-worthy.

Didn't take the opportunity to inspect the lens for sale here so can't speak to that. However, if I were a betting man, I would bet that lens is EXACTLY as described.