180383296-L.jpg

Thanks!
"Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com

Comments

• thebigskythebigsky Registered Users Posts: 1,052 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    Hi Felicia,

I have to say the second one is my favourite image but I have to admit I don't really understand this round's theme.

In its simplest form is it just 'ground or water,' or 'from the ground or the water,' or is it more subtle than that? I've been producing some flower images for the last couple of weeks for a fine art stock library, not sure whether to enter one just for fun or if it would be considered non-theme related.

Charlie
  • FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    thebigsky wrote:
    Hi Felicia,

I have to say the second one is my favourite image but I have to admit I don't really understand this round's theme.

In its simplest form is it just 'ground or water,' or 'from the ground or the water,' or is it more subtle than that? I've been producing some flower images for the last couple of weeks for a fine art stock library, not sure whether to enter one just for fun or if it would be considered non-theme related.

Charlie

You're sounding like a lot of us out there. I'm taking Shay at his word when he said it's simply surf or turf (I'm paraphrasing, which could be dangerous). Surf connotes water, and turf connotes land for me. And when you take a look at the entries so far, there's a lot of variation on water and land shots. I can't wait to see what you post. I'm sure it'll be great.

• B://B:// Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    #2 - Mystic Sunrise always! Great image! thumb.gif
    "... anger, frustration, deception, loneliness are its meal... don't feed him" - Donatto on Zeoneth
  • willaibachwillaibach Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    I vote number 2
    But He says to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. -2 Cor 12:9

www.steveandwilla.com
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    Another vote for photo 2
    Mystic Sunrise is beautiful Felicia. Not sure about the theme but then again, that is really up to what the judges interpret the theme to mean. ne_nau.gif
    edited August 4, 2007
    Thanks Willaibach and Travis!

Since I wasn't sure about the theme, either, I decided to just go for it anyways. Oh well, at least I've been stretched by shooting stuff I hadn't thought of shooting in the past.

• TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2007
    I know this after the fact...but I like number 2 also

and on number 3 I love the look of the reflected lights...reminds me of the chinese lanterns that the oriental people float on the waters...

Good Luck
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2007
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
    edited August 5, 2007
    Well, apparently, my liberal take on "surf" or "turf" has led me down the garden path onto the wrong road judging by Nikolai's comments on another thread and seeing all of the amazing entires so far... (sigh) Oh well, ya live and learn. At least I took some shots I wouldn't have taken before. :D

edited August 5, 2007
    Felicia wrote:
    Well, apparently, my liberal take on "surf" or "turf" has led me down the garden path onto the wrong road judging by Nikolai's comments on another thread and seeing all of the amazing entires so far... (sigh) Oh well, ya live and learn. At least I took some shots I wouldn't have taken before. :D

Laughing.gif Felicia...You never know, don't sell yourself short....remember it is NOT OVER until the FAT LADY SINGS..........lmao lmao

Good luck
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
    edited August 5, 2007
    Tentacion wrote:
    Laughing.gif Felicia...You never know, don't sell yourself short....remember it is NOT OVER until the FAT LADY SINGS..........lmao lmao

Good luck

Oh! This from the woman with the amazing shot of actual surf!!! Sweet shot! clap.gif Thanks for the encouragement, though.

edited August 5, 2007
    Tentacion wrote:

Good luck

Why is it always the fat lady? I looked at the judges panel and it may be just a bunch of fat men.... Dayum, don't upset the judges.. bad Trav, bad Trav...
    edited August 5, 2007
    Just call me fickle and indecisive... I've changed the photo to an option I took late last night. ne_nau.gif

edited August 5, 2007
    Felicia wrote:
    Just call me fickle and indecisive... I've changed the photo to an option I took late last night. ne_nau.gif

OK, its too late and I'm too tired to go back through all of the posts so how about posting it here? wings.gif
    edited August 5, 2007
    Travis wrote:
    OK, its too late and I'm too tired to go back through all of the posts so how about posting it here? wings.gif

Here ya go:

180769994-M.jpg

edited August 5, 2007
    Felicia wrote:
    Here ya go:

YES!!!! I was wondering if you would go with one of the photos that drew me to your photography.... Wait.... it may be too good... no, I definitely wouldn't do that one... mwink.gif

I love the photo Felicia!
    edited August 5, 2007
    Very pretty Felicia....I like...surf and turf....
    edited August 5, 2007
    Thank you! It's really more my style, whether the judges like it or not or it fits the theme or not... Thanks for the encouragement! iloveyou.gif

edited August 5, 2007
    hey I see Turf, and I see Surf....I think it fits the theme..Laughing.gif and as long as your satisfied with it now.....all that remains issssssssss

the judges clap.gif