Pricing Changed on Me?

durenduren Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
edited August 4, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hi!

2 things:
1) I found that an old gallery now has my current Portfolio pricing. When I change Portfolio pricing, does that automatically change all of the previous galleries that were created before the Portfolio pricing was changed?

and...

2) When I am logged in, what is a good way of checking the privcicng of a gallery that the customers see without having to log out first to check that (I dont like having to do that ; redious)

- bob duren, The Camera Man
the-camera-man.smugmug.com

PS - I REALLY need a good, verbose tutorial on everything having to do with setting and changing prices, etc, etc.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    duren wrote:
    Hi!

2 things:
    1) I found that an old gallery now has my current Portfolio pricing. When I change Portfolio pricing, does that automatically change all of the previous galleries that were created before the Portfolio pricing was changed?

and...

2) When I am logged in, what is a good way of checking the privcicng of a gallery that the customers see without having to log out first to check that (I dont like having to do that ; redious)

PS - I REALLY need a good, verbose tutorial on everything having to do with setting and changing prices, etc, etc.
    Hi Bob, the best way is to have two browsers. One, your primary browser, you're logged in all the time. The second browser, you stay logged out - then you see the site like a customer sees it. We LOVE Firefox, it's free from www.mozilla.com - give it a try :)

Portfolio pricing changes will instantly be in effect. As long as a gallery does NOT have gallery pricing that overrides the portfolio pricing, your new portfolio pricing will be in effect.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing
  • durenduren Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    Am I "all Wet"?
    What Portfolio pricing is to me is the following (please correct me if I am wrong):

When I am in an arbitrary gallery (logged in), and I click on Custom Pro Pricing, then I click on "portfolio" on the top. The prices that the customer's pay suddenly fill the firlds. OK. Let's say that I change the downloads price from $2 to $4. Then I click SAVE while still in Portfolio pricing. My understanding is that I not only changed the pricing for downloads for the current gallery but for all FUTURE galleries that I create, is that correct?

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    duren wrote:
    What Portfolio pricing is to me is the following (please correct me if I am wrong):

When I am in an arbitrary gallery (logged in), and I click on Custom Pro Pricing, then I click on "portfolio" on the top. The prices that the customer's pay suddenly fill the firlds. OK. Let's say that I change the downloads price from $2 to $4. Then I click SAVE while still in Portfolio pricing. My understanding is that I not only changed the pricing for downloads for the current gallery but for all FUTURE galleries that I create, is that correct?

Correct- as long as you are in Portfolio pricing. Always check your pricing :) Use that 2nd browser trick, it's great.