Options

Landscape Feedback

rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
edited August 7, 2007 in Landscapes
Hello everyone:D (yes I know it's been awhile...)

I was asked to donate a photo of mine for an auction. However, it turns out I only have the small copy jpeg and the original file has disappeared into oblivion:dunno:cry:cry

Anyway, I went back to the same spot, with my new camera to try again. However, landscaping really isn't my forte so I'm looking for some feedback. Please let me know what you think, and any editing tips.:bow

180548053-M.jpg

180548057-M.jpg

The light on the day wasn't marvellous. Infact, I took about 20 shots (many many angles:giggle) and this is probably the one with the best light.

Harsh critique most welcome.

Tara
www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso

Comments

• Options
    toadlettoadlet Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2007
    Are you able to get back to the location easy? If you can you could try shooting in the late afternoon or early morning to capture some better lighting?

I also personally think that the horizon is too central and you could possibly lop some of the top off and make it more a pano crop. Also the clouds on the right are a little overexposed, and overall the clouds seem a non impact so maybe some dodge and burn there for shadows. What do you think?

180548053-M.jpg

180548057-M.jpg

The light on the day wasn't marvellous. Infact, I took about 20 shots (many many angles:giggle) and this is probably the one with the best light.

Harsh critique most welcome.

Tara[/quote]
  • Options
    Miguel DelinquentoMiguel Delinquento Registered Users Posts: 904 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2007
    It's nice but. . .
    The image is OK and nicely sharp, but it sorta has a snapshot quality to it. The wide angle renders everything a bit too small and in the distance, and the clouds are not dramatic enough to carry the picture. The mountains, at least from the viewing perspective, are too small and far off to set any scale or to trigger awe. The partial shadow over the mountains contribute to the lack of drama and interest.
    I like the B&W better.

A colorful sunrise might be nicer and maybe shooting with a moderate telephoto.
    M
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2007
    Hello Tara how are you :D

I liked reflection in the water !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2007
    Hi Awais, I am great:D

Thanks for the feedback. Unfoirtunately with two little boys my free time is limited. And being winter here now the sky is not that great really. These were taken in late afternoon as it was. Thankyou guys, you have given me lots to think about!
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso