Options

Newbie looking for feedback - Thks!

llaxtonllaxton Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited August 6, 2007 in Landscapes
Hello all! My hubby got me a new Nikon D40x for my birthday right before we went on a trip to Hawaii to celebrate our 20th anniversary. I am not new to taking photos as I am an avid scrapbooking mother of 4 children. I am new however, to using anything other than a point and click. I watched the two DVD's that came with my camera before we left and plan to take some classes. (suggestions on type or which classes to take would be appreciated.) I am attaching a few of my favorite shots from the trip to get your input. None of these have been "adjusted" or anything as that is one of the areas I am really green in. They all appear as they were taken. Thank you in advance for your opinions!

http://www1.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=173874952/PictureID=3580399261/a=26789369_26789369/t_=26789369

I apologize for the links...I will go read up on posting pictures because it didn't work for me.

Thanks again! Lisa

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2007
    Im seeing 10 shots of a headland. Do you have any software to straighten the horizon ?
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2007
    hmmm...
    Not sure what happened..I thought I posted 10 different shots. I will read up on posting the actual images and try again. I have several different programs such as paint shop pro, but they are all more for basic desk top stuff or for managing photos than for manipulating photos. What is the best most affordable program available for a hobbiest to invest in? The manipulation of an image afterwards is one of my most lacking areas. Is this type of stuff best learned in a class maybe at the community college? My camera came with classes at Wolf Photo, but we just got back and I have not attended one yet. I have been reading Marc's sticky thread in this forum and feel like I need a photography dictionary for most of it! ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2007
    Hawaii2007305.jpg?t=1186372515

Hawaii2007612.jpg?t=1186372151

Hawaii2007261.jpg?t=1186372588

Here are a few more...thanks again for looking.
  • Options
    Miguel DelinquentoMiguel Delinquento Registered Users Posts: 904 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2007
    These are pleasant enough shots and I like the enthusiasm you are bringing to photography. Your camera is capable of taking excellent images so you are set there. I would take a series of classes if you can. These days your knowledge has to be developed on two levels: 1. an intro to photography the art and basic techniques and 2. an intro to digital photography, the nomenclature, the software tools, and the camera capabilities. Though the learning curve may seem big, the pleasure you will obtain from growing with your new interest is far greater.