Surprise! Indoor shots

~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
edited August 6, 2007 in People
I went to a client's home tonight to photograph their dogs. We were planning to do this in their backyard and/or their garage. Well, they decided to do a family shot, and they wanted it in their living on the couch! Yikes! How did I do? I just feel like it looks so snapshotty... :dunno I used my Speedlight and bounced the flash on the ceiling. I couldn't get a thing to work in manual, so I tried AV w/ no luck (too slow of SS), so I resorted to P and it worked! Thank goodness. Even when I tried the SAME settings in M it didn't work like P. :dunno I also had to do a switcheroo on a dog's head...can you tell which one? I couldn't get them all looking at the same time. LOL
180834367-M.jpg

I was happy w/ the outdoor dog shots though...they are in the animal area, here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=68022

Comments

• pyrtekpyrtek Registered Users Posts: 539 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2007
    ~Jan~ wrote:
    Even when I tried the SAME settings in M it didn't work like P. ne_nau.gif
    Of course not, because the flash behaves differently in M mode and in P mode.
    See this for an explanation.

PS. The picture has a very strong magenta cast.
  • ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2007
    pyrtek wrote:
    Of course not, because the flash behaves differently in M mode and in P mode.
    See this for an explanation.

PS. The picture has a very strong magenta cast.

Thanks for that link! It probably has a magenta cast because I decreased the red & yellow saturation (the pic was too warm). I maybe should have done that a different way.