Movin PICs from one album to another...

SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
edited August 6, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I've not found and answer via search... so if this has been covered, please point me in the right direction.

I've told all the PICs in 2 different folder (1, 2) to move to new folders (1, 2) that I created. How long will this move take as I've waited about 20 mins and nothing has arrived in the new folders. Now, we're talking close to 200M, so I don't expect it to happen in the blink of an eye... but after 30 mins (now), nothing in the new folders. :scratch

Thanks...

UPDATE: I got #2 to move, 5 PICs... I had to tell it 3 times! But I'm still waiting for the big album (#1) to be moved.

Comments

• SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2007
    Still waiting for #1, or an answer to how long I can expect to wait. Can someone look at the logs?

BTW, I told it to move again... about 5 mins ago.
    edited August 6, 2007
    OK... I found a work-around, but it's a temporary fix to a permanent problem.

- Under "Photo Tools", the "Move Photos" (bulk) seems to be BROKEN! I tried to use it 3 times on one machine (IE) and 4 times on another machine (2 IE & 2 FF), to no avail. So, it's BROKE! Please fix it.

- Under "Photo Tools", the "Move Photos (Expert)" was able to move the images in both cases. But this is the loooooong drawn out way to do what should be handled by the bulk mover. What a PITA!

Please fix this...
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2007
    Seymore wrote:
    I've not found and answer via search... so if this has been covered, please point me in the right direction.

I've told all the PICs in 2 different folder (1, 2) to move to new folders (1, 2) that I created. How long will this move take as I've waited about 20 mins and nothing has arrived in the new folders. Now, we're talking close to 200M, so I don't expect it to happen in the blink of an eye... but after 30 mins (now), nothing in the new folders. headscratch.gif

Thanks...

UPDATE: I got #2 to move, 5 PICs... I had to tell it 3 times! But I'm still waiting for the big album (#1) to be moved.
    Are you moving all the photos in a gallery to a new empty gallery? (See red above)
    If you are stop!!!. Just change the name of the old gallery to the new gallery and
    update its' cat and sub-cat.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2007
    Seymore wrote:

"Move Photos" (bulk) seems to be BROKEN!
    So, it's BROKE! Please fix it.

The Move Photos Tool and the Move Photos (Expert) tool are both working fine for us, IE and FF and all other supported Browsers.

I cannot replicate.

I'm terribly sorry you had difficulty with this.

If you can please try to replicate, and list exact sequences of steps, we'll surely investigate.

Thank you.
    edited August 6, 2007
    Allen wrote:
    Are you moving all the photos in a gallery to a new empty gallery? (See red above)
    If you are stop!!!. Just change the name of the old gallery to the new gallery and
    update its' cat and sub-cat.
    Yes... I thought about doing that. But I had already sent out emails with the link to where the images where and didn't want to have a dead link floating around. So I made new albums and just wanted to move the images. I also put links, in the old album, pointing to the new folders. Does that explain why I did what I did?

Andy wrote:
    The Move Photos Tool and the Move Photos (Expert) tool are both working fine for us, IE and FF and all other supported Browsers.

I cannot replicate.

I'm terribly sorry you had difficulty with this.

If you can please try to replicate, and list exact sequences of steps, we'll surely investigate.

Thank you.
    Thanks for the reply Andy... As far as the "process", here's what I did:

- Make album(s) in new location.
    - Navigate to old folder(s).
    - Use pull down to start Move Photos (bulk)

OOPS!!! I now see the step I missed!!! I didn't select any PICs. 11doh.gif I think I'll go reprimand myself, in the privacy of my own home, this evening!!! :argue (note to self... don't perform difficult tasks in the wee hours of the morning)

Thanks for making me search out the steps Andy. Please consider this a solved incident. The problem is between the chair and the keyboard...