Problems with XT

FristlesFristles Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
edited August 20, 2007 in Cameras
My camera have been good for me the past year and half... I love it and although it's a little out of style, it works for me and get the job done until I can afford to buy a camera that I want and for my family to complain about how much money I put into this hobby of mine. ;) but the past 2 months, my shots have not been as good as they used to. It seems like my shots are getting blurry, even with the camera on my tripod, the shots are still blurry. It isn't just the image that I want to take, it's the whole photo.

Second... it isn't wanting to take shots as fast as it used to - it's like, it freezes up every other shot and sometimes it takes minutes for the flash go off to take the shot. This all have started happening not long after the other problem.

Should I try to contact Canon to see if I can send it in for them to check? Or is there a setting that somehow got changed? Any ideas, please please let me know....

Thanks,
Lace
~*~Fristles~*~
"Unexpected actions speak louder than words."

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited August 6, 2007
    It helps greatly to see examples of the problem, especially if they still contain the EXIF, like in an original JPG out of the camera, before processing.

If you don't have a gallery where we can find such original JPGs, please show some 100% crops of images with the problem.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2007
    This is a pure guess.

Do you only have one battery for this camera?

If you only have the original battery, I would try another battery in it and see if that helps out.
    I notice when my battery gets low on juice, sometimes the focus is off, and it takes longer for the flash to get ready.
    It could be that the battery isn't charging the way it used to and you need a new one.

Once again, just a guess.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • FristlesFristles Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited August 6, 2007
    Pics
    I just realized something, I did let my sister use my camera not long ago and she might have messed up the settings somehow but truly, I have looked at all my settings and they seem to be the same if I am member correctly. Is there an website anywhere where I could use/look at to set the settings the way I want them?

I also only have 1 battery, the same one that came with the camera.... I might try to buy an extra battery to see if that helps with the flash not going off as fast as it used to.

Lace
    ~*~Fristles~*~
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2007
    I say try a quick reset:

Press the 'Menu' button.
    'Jump' to the last tab on the right with the tools icon and the #2.
    3rd tab from the bottom says 'Clear Settings'.
    From there you can choose 'Clear all camera settings' and 'Clear all Custom Functions'.

I say try both, but try the first one first.

That should bring you to factory settings, straight out of the box.

Good luck!
    edited August 15, 2007
    Forgot about an problem.
    I also forgot to mention this part... It might be the battery as well but just want to be sure:

when I am trying to take shots, it takes forever, the flash (not the actual flash when it shoots the photo) but the other flash, it goes off many many times and the screen keeps saying "Busy" over and over when I'm trying to take a shot. Could this be a setting or a battery? Or if not, what could it be?

Lace
    ~*~Fristles~*~
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited August 15, 2007
    Lace,

Did you try the reset Mr. Peas mentioned?

If that doesn't help, then try another battery. You really need a second battery anyway.

It would help considerably to see the JPGs as I suggested earlier. We can't help you by just hearing vague descriptions of problems. Help us to help you.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • FoocharFoochar Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2007
    Fristles wrote:
    the flash (not the actual flash when it shoots the photo) but the other flash, it goes off many many times

This makes me wonder if the self timer somehow got turned on. On the LCD screen, next to the battery icon should be either a box, three overlaping boxes, or a circle with a slash through it. The circle with the slash is actually representing a countdown timer, if this is the icon you are seeing you need to put the camera back into single shot or multi-shot mode by pressing the button with the same icons.
    --Travis
    edited August 19, 2007
    I'm going to try this in a few minutes once my battery is charged. I can barely get a time to get online and read everything.

Will also try to find the photos if I haven't deleted them already or I might take more and send them if they turn out the same way.

Lace

quote=ziggy53]Lace,

Did you try the reset Mr. Peas mentioned?

If that doesn't help, then try another battery. You really need a second battery anyway.

It would help considerably to see the JPGs as I suggested earlier. We can't help you by just hearing vague descriptions of problems. Help us to help you.[/quote]
    ~*~Fristles~*~
  • sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2007
    lol... turn the camera (backwards) so the lens facing right at your face. Hit the shutter button. Does a little that little white light start blinking below the shutter button where you right middle finger would be (in the grip)???

It sounds like the 10 second timer is on.
    edited August 20, 2007
    Pics
    I tried the above... nothing works. going to try to order a battery and see what it does. Here's an idea of what it's doing. This isn't as bad as the other photos I had were, but I already deleted those. It's like, all my photos are like this! even on my tripod.

Lace
    ~*~Fristles~*~