Strange search results

bsvirginianbsvirginian Registered Users Posts: 241 Major grins
edited August 6, 2007 in SmugMug Support
:scratch I've been trying to fine tune my images pertaining to descriptions and keywords to try and advertise my services. I have a lot of "senior portraits" on smugmug and attempted to do a search for Senior portraits virginia beach and the results show what appears to be adults on the site of "Poetic images" and nothing that pertains to senior pictures. Waaaaat's happening? bsvirginian:dunno

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2007
    Hi,

Please tell us:

* Exactly how you searched

* where did you search from (SmugMug, google, Yahoo, Other?)

* the gallery where the photos you have are located.

Please do not leave anything out. We need this info in order to answer your questions.
  • bsvirginianbsvirginian Registered Users Posts: 241 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2007
    :D Hi Andy

I went to www.smugmug.com and clicked on search and requested "virginia beach senior portraits" and then "senior portraits, virginia beach". Displayed were a number of images under the name of Poetic image and Latin expression. bsvirginian
    edited August 6, 2007
    :D Hi Andy

I went to www.smugmug.com and clicked on search and requested "virginia beach senior portraits" and then "senior portraits, virginia beach". Displayed were a number of images under the name of Poetic image and Latin expression. bsvirginian

Hi, my last item you did not answer:

* the gallery where the photos you have are located.
    edited August 6, 2007
    :D Sorry. My gallery is "Seniors". bsvirginian
    edited August 6, 2007
    :D Sorry. My gallery is "Seniors". bsvirginian
    Direct links are always helpful. We help lots of folks every day :) I had to look up your site, then hunt for the Seniors gallery.

This, is a direct link to your gallery:
    http://bsvirginian.smugmug.com/gallery/2609007#136381976
    edited August 6, 2007
    Searching senior portraits norfolk from the SmugMug homepage:

http://www.smugmug.com/search/index.mg?searchWords=senior+portrait+norfolk&searchType=global&x=0&y=0

You have no gallery keywords, please use them - you'll find them in gallery customization. Also the gallery title is very important, too :)
    edited August 6, 2007
    :D Thanks. But why would that particular site come up when it has nothing to do with senior portraits.
    bsvirginian
    edited August 6, 2007
    :D Actually my search was for Senior portraits VIRGINIA BEACH.
    bsvirginian
    edited August 6, 2007
    headscratch.gif Additionally what role does Album customization keywords opposed to individual image keywords play? I have keywords and captions on all of my images and they don't seem to make any difference. bsvirginian
    edited August 6, 2007
    headscratch.gif Additionally what role does Album customization keywords opposed to individual image keywords play? I have keywords and captions on all of my images and they don't seem to make any difference. bsvirginian
    BS, look in your gallery customization. See the line for gallery keywords please. It says there, "helps with SmugMug Searches." I wouldn't steer you wrong, I promise.

Captions, Album Descriptions, Keywords, and Gallery keywords. Do them all thumb.gif