Ever Wonder What It Takes To Shoot B-ball?

ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
edited August 9, 2007 in Sports
I found this link to a Microsoft site. It's a great article about SportsIllustrated and the work required to set-up for the Final Four.

Here is the story.
Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?

Comments

• CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2007
    Amazing preparation that goes into such a complex set up.bowdown.gif
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2007
    lol... nothin like taking the human factor out of shooting a shot! ne_nau.gif
  • renay johnsonrenay johnson Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited August 7, 2007
    I'm sorry but that is way too much work. I love nice sports shots, but what if there is a power failure?
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited August 7, 2007
    I'm sorry but that is way too much work. I love nice sports shots, but what if there is a power failure?

I'm guessing no b-ball either :D

As for the effort, this is what gets you those really nice shots you see in sports magazines. I think it also gives you an idea of what it's like to be a professional sports photographer--it's not just showing up and pushing the shutter button bowdown.gif
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2007
    ian408 wrote:
    I think it also gives you an idea of what it's like to be a professional sports photographer--it's not just showing up and pushing the shutter button bowdown.gif

I know, they have to depress the remote plunger too!

EDIT: Why all the stress about capturing the cover photo? It's SI. Are they really going to run something else that week?
    Tim
  • DRGSinDRGSin Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited August 7, 2007
    I know, they have to depress the remote plunger too!

EDIT: Why all the stress about capturing the cover photo? It's SI. Are they really going to run something else that week?

Thats the equivalent of the holy grail! The SI cover during March Madness, esp the Championship game??? Bragging rights till next year!
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2007
    Wowwweeee how I would love to be apart of that setup...that's a dream job! eek7.gifclap