Options

Bridges

LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
edited August 7, 2007 in Landscapes
Drove up into a strange, foreign place (okay, it was Maryland, but it might as well be another country as far as Virginia folk are concerned) to snap some nifty historic bridges. I had more fun crawling under them, really, than walking through them. I love covered bridges. :lust

181193969-M-1.jpg

181191079-M-1.jpg

Near the last bridge was (what appeared to be) an abandoned stable, so I decided to invoke Schmoo and shoot a little tribute. :wink
181188800-M-1.jpg

Rest of the gallery is here.

Comments

• Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2007
    Love the covered bridges
    #2 is my favorite
    Planning a bike trip to Fleming county Ky Sunday supposed to have lots of covered bridges.

keep shooting

Fred
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2007
    USAIR wrote:
    Love the covered bridges
    #2 is my favorite
    Planning a bike trip to Fleming county Ky Sunday supposed to have lots of covered bridges.

keep shooting

Fred

Thank you! iloveyou.gif I so often get annoyed when people step into my shots, but I'm beginning to realize they actually can add more to my frame. I should really get over this preference of objects to people. Hm...might be why I'm so socially inept. rolleyes1.gif

Have fun on your bike trip! Please post the results of your journey so I can trundle through some more covered bridges in photos.
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2007
    rolleyes1.gifGlad to hear someone was thinking of me! :D

I had no idea there were covered bridges in this area. When I see pictures of them I think of Amish country... which I guess isn't too far away, either.

I really love the angle of your second shot and the composition that brings the person in the bright white light. Thanks for sharing these!
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2007
    schmooo wrote:
    rolleyes1.gifGlad to hear someone was thinking of me! :D

I had no idea there were covered bridges in this area. When I see pictures of them I think of Amish country... which I guess isn't too far away, either.

I really love the angle of your second shot and the composition that brings the person in the bright white light. Thanks for sharing these!

Thank you! :D Admittedly, this was my first time coming across an abandoned place; I found it creepy, and a bit like I was disturbing hallowed ground. I walked with extra care and tried not to breathe very loud. rolleyes1.gif I hesitated before going in, then had my "What would Schmooo do?" moment and crossed the threshhold.

The bridges are near Thurmont. This site offers a map of where to find them: http://www.fredericktourism.org/MainListings.aspx?c=3