2»

Comments

• Options
    BodwickBodwick Registered Users Posts: 396 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2005
    Who needs a pitbull.....
    Shakey wrote:
    This thread Bites.blbl.gif :lol4 :lolCan it be put down?rolleyes1.gif:D

What about a hyena as a choice for the kids to play with.....
    You can be sure that any local gang members with a pitbull won't mess with you....

West African Security...(Not my photo, but it seemed like a good time to post it)
    "The important thing is to just take the picture with the lens you have when the picture happens."
    Jerry Lodriguss - Sports Photographer

Reporters sans frontières
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2005
    Bodwick wrote:
    What about a hyena as a choice for the kids to play with.....
    You can be sure that any local gang members with a pitbull won't mess with you....

West African Security...(Not my photo, but it seemed like a good time to post it)
    I went looking for that shot at the start. Imagine the smell ?
  • Options
    DaniDani Registered Users Posts: 807 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2005
    ok so im going to go ahead and weigh in here. i work as a vet tech, ive been doing it for about 5.5 years. im bitten alot, ive been to the emergency room twice this month alone. ive never been bitten by a pit bull, yes they can be agressive. yes they can be raised and trained to be agressive and what some call actively protective. for my money id like to see pitts all day long, all day every day and twice on sunday. chows on the other hand, well i like to say the only good chow is a dead chow. labs bite alot of people, more than you would believe, as do goldens. we get calls daily of people pets biting them or their children, and they generally say well hes a lab...its not like hes a pitbull or anything. oh and if you think agressive pits are bad, you should deal with a presa canario or a fila brasila or a cane corso or any other number of breeds. for the most part all the "bad" breeds that i see are gentle and freindly, sure i dont get the drug dealers fighting dogs in all the time, but thats not apples to apples is it? are we to also say that guns, knives, poisons, clubs, fatty foods, drugs, cigarettes and cars should be banned as well?

cb

not to mention JACK RUSSELLS!!! We've got one... and it'd be quicker to bite or kill than any pit I've ever met. I've got the scars to prove it too. I can't count the number of times that little dog has gone for my face or throat, or gone after small children and babies, or tried to kill other pets. Its a psychotic animal and needs to be put down before it seriously hurts someone... but mom refuses to listen...

I also think alot of breeds get confused as pits... breeds such as the dogo or cane corso etc.
    Dani

20D | 300D-IR | EF-S 10-22 | EF-S 18-55 | 50 f/1.8 II | 70-200 f/4L | 17-40L | Lensbaby 2.0 | 250D | 550ex | Gitzo 1257 | RRS BH-40 | RRS L-plates

The Blog | The Photos
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 23, 2005
    Shakey wrote:
    This thread Bites.blbl.gif :lol4 :lolCan it be put down?rolleyes1.gif:D
    yes please!!! :deadhorse
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2005
    Anyone ever walked into a house yard with an Australian Blue Heeler ?

Jesus talk about savage. I drive into remote house areas most of the day looking for power problems & I will generally get out of the truck & front any dog but a blue heeler....not a chance. If the owner isnt there then i leave. It was the dog on mad max (road warrior)
  • Options
    DaniDani Registered Users Posts: 807 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Anyone ever walked into a house yard with an Australian Blue Heeler ?

Jesus talk about savage. I drive into remote house areas most of the day looking for power problems & I will generally get out of the truck & front any dog but a blue heeler....not a chance. If the owner isnt there then i leave. It was the dog on mad max (road warrior)
    yup! friend had one... was the sweetest dog until it got into the back bed of his truck... then she turned into viscous killer. Doesn't matter if you were hugging all over her 2 seconds before.
    Dani

20D | 300D-IR | EF-S 10-22 | EF-S 18-55 | 50 f/1.8 II | 70-200 f/4L | 17-40L | Lensbaby 2.0 | 250D | 550ex | Gitzo 1257 | RRS BH-40 | RRS L-plates

The Blog | The Photos
  • Options
    4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2005
    It's amazing people post wonderful pictures and barely get a response but this thread gets so much attention(I am as guilty as the next person)I say more dog photosclap.gif
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2005
    Dani wrote:
    yup! friend had one... was the sweetest dog until it got into the back bed of his truck... then she turned into viscous killer. Doesn't matter if you were hugging all over her 2 seconds before.
    I have been bitten on the arm lane splitting on my bike by one in the back of a ute. Apparently i was to close to the boss's stuff & she decided to get me.

You should see them on snakes....like a lawn trimmer hitting a bowl of spagetti rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    It's amazing people post wonderful pictures and barely get a response but this thread gets so much attention(I am as guilty as the next person)I say more dog photosclap.gif

38 replies, 429 views. imax should be quite pleased that his image caused such a stir. Content matters.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    II say more dog photosclap.gif

It's 4labs fault - he made me post this. naughty.gif

I was trying my panning technique on a very happy dog in the park yesterday.

16427882-L.jpg
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    It's 4labs fault - he made me post this. naughty.gif

I was trying my panning technique on a very happy dog in the park yesterday.
    The practice is paying off...12492519-S.jpg

As Andy would say "Enjoy dog photography" lol
  • Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    imax wrote:
    They make one hell of a flyball dog and from what I'm told they make great pets. My wife and I fell in love with this guy. What do you think?

16266363-M.jpg
    Great photo! thumb.gif
    Keep up the good work.

Take Care,
    Chuck,
    Photo's by Chuck: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/photosbychuck
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Options
    MongrelMongrel Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    Wonderful shot of a magnificient creature...
    it's a pity that an extremely innocous picture, well composed, great exposure and color, sharp as a tack, posted on a photography forum turns into a 'discussion' on dog breeds.

Get real-this IS NOT a shot of a menacing dog, not in any way shape or form.

Funny, I was hit in the eye by a baseball as a child, maybe I should post my *subjective* feelings on flying leather when someone posts a shot of a kid playing baseball...

My uncle was run over and killed in a cross walk by a drunk guy driving a pickup truck. Maybe I should cry and pee my pants when someone posts a shot of a truck, or how about all those little Guiness smilies and shots of booze bottles?

Oh, and those portraits of *children*? Don't you realize the amount of violence people under the age of 18 inflict on society? Please don't post them, I get chills just thinking about it.

I realize I'm a newbie here, but this thread is embarassing and I think that Imax is owed a pretty big community apology for the disrespect he was shown.

Very nice shot Imax, I like it a lot. I can see why you and your wife could fall in love with a dog with that kind of intensity.

Take care, and happy shooting!
    imax wrote:
    They make one hell of a flyball dog and from what I'm told they make great pets. My wife and I fell in love with this guy. What do you think?

16266363-M.jpg
    If every keystroke was a shutter press I'd be a pro by now...
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2005
    Not for me...as fish once put it.

A 'good ' photograph causes emotion & controversy to run wild. Anything else is a photograph.