click for exif

Slight crop and resized for challenge.
Any thoughts on this one?
-Mike

Comments

• Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2005
    I like the composition and color. Focus is bit soft tho. Reminds me of our cat, baghira, who sleeps with my son. :)
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2005
    "Content" taken 2-21

16322231-M.jpg
    click for exif

Slight crop and resized for challenge.
    Any thoughts on this one?
    Cute photo, but looks like it needs more light to me.

Take Care,
    chuck,
    Photo's by Chuck: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/photosbychuck
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2005
    That's an interesting idea for displaying images...your own yahoo group. But you have to join the group to see your images? And if you're not a yahoo member, you have to sign up for that too. Seems like a lot of work to me. Pass.

Sorry for the attempted hiack, Michael.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    Michael AllenMichael Allen Registered Users Posts: 196 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2005
    Thanks for the comments, The room was pretty dimmly lit, I had to manually focus and hand held. This was taken with the 50mm 1.8(thanks Fish) wide open, great little lens.
    -Mike
  • Options
    JennyJenny Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited February 23, 2005
    This is adorable! Is there any way to lighten up the dogs face? Just because the fur is so dark and the lighting was low, my eyes are having trouble focusing on the face. Maybe it is just me. I do really like this though.:):
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2005
    Jenny wrote:
    This is adorable! Is there any way to lighten up the dogs face? Just because the fur is so dark and the lighting was low, my eyes are having trouble focusing on the face. Maybe it is just me. I do really like this though.:):
    I was going for available lighting, as to not disturb. The only problem was the light wasn't much at all. I had to manually focus and the detail just wasn't there on the side of his face. I tried exposure comp. This was the darkest room I've ever tried to take a picture, I was very impressed with the 1.8 (it used every ray of light to get this)

Thank you for comments
    -Mike
  • Options
    mslammersmslammers Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    Emotions?
    I was going for available lighting, as to not disturb. The only problem was the light wasn't much at all. I had to manually focus and the detail just wasn't there on the side of his face. I tried exposure comp. This was the darkest room I've ever tried to take a picture, I was very impressed with the 1.8 (it used every ray of light to get this)

Thank you for comments
    Since I got so many questions on my emotions entry (of course I thought it was crystal clear. Laughing.gif) I feel qualified to ask you what emotion you are conveying. I thought contentment but may be wrong. It could be curiosity given the dog is looking at you.
    I am wondering why you stuck with ISO 400. 800 would have given you more light with little noise. Even with some noise, it would have been OK. Just my thoughts.

Pretty nice though.
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2005
    mslammers wrote:
    Since I got so many questions on my emotions entry (of course I thought it was crystal clear. Laughing.gif) I feel qualified to ask you what emotion you are conveying. I thought contentment but may be wrong. It could be curiosity given the dog is looking at you.
    I am wondering why you stuck with ISO 400. 800 would have given you more light with little noise. Even with some noise, it would have been OK. Just my thoughts.

Pretty nice though.
    Thanks, and yes I was going for contentment, even though he(the dog) was looking at me for disturbing him, he still had a peaceful look on his face(imo). I probably should have used iso 800 but I'm still getting used to the lens and seeing what I can get away with. I took several at 400 and my subject wasn't content anymore.
    -Mike