Options

Drebel prices are dropping!

windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
edited February 22, 2005 in Cameras
price of drebel body dropped to $699.00 at onecall.com.

$799.00 for the black with lens!

Comments

• Options
    Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2005
    I'm assuming this is a 300d? I dont know that much about canon cameras other than I've heard they are good. I was looking at them last night with the thought of getting one when my darn taxes finally show up. I found it at www.amphotoworld.com for $419. When they say "body only" I'm assuming this means no lense? Has anyone ever heard of them or used them? DigitalSaver gave them 4 out of five stars, but as we all know that doesn't always mean that it's an honest review. I'm thinking of getting one just becuz it's a big step up from my olympus c-740, witch is a good camera but I've out grown it. I enjoy photography for the hobby of it but if I could make money then that would be great to.

Thanks,

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2005
    Yep...at last ive got the money now to buy one. But i aint gonna deal.gif
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 22, 2005
    Eric&Susan wrote:
    I'm assuming this is a 300d? I dont know that much about canon cameras other than I've heard they are good. I was looking at them last night with the thought of getting one when my darn taxes finally show up. I found it at www.amphotoworld.com for $419. When they say "body only" I'm assuming this means no lense? Has anyone ever heard of them or used them? DigitalSaver gave them 4 out of five stars, but as we all know that doesn't always mean that it's an honest review. I'm thinking of getting one just becuz it's a big step up from my olympus c-740, witch is a good camera but I've out grown it. I enjoy photography for the hobby of it but if I could make money then that would be great to.

Thanks,

Eric
    I would be weary of a place that had a 300D for only $419... And whoever told you that if you buy a 300D, you can make money on photography was dead wrong!!!! You end up spending alot more! Lenses, batteries, It's like a gateway drug!

Somebody stop me!!! eek7.giflol3.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Lenses, batteries, It's like a gateway drug!

NOW you tell me???! gerg.gif Thanks a lot dude. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    I would be weary of a place that had a 300D for only $419... And whoever told you that if you buy a 300D, you can make money on photography was dead wrong!!!! You end up spending alot more! Lenses, batteries, It's like a gateway drug!

You hit the nail on the head :D
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2005
    I didn't mean the camera would make me money. I just meant that I want a better camera for taking pictures as a hobby, NOT to make money. Nobody told me that price, it's the price on the web as referred to by my link and I was wondering if anybody had heard about them? Sorry for the confussionne_nau.gif

Thanks,

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

• Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2005
    AMphotoworld, abesofmaine, there are more are known cons. For the straight dope check www.resellerratings.com

That being said...
    you could buy mine in the marketplace board here deal.gif
    Richard
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2005
    Eric&Susan wrote:
    I didn't mean the camera would make me money. I just meant that I want a better camera for taking pictures as a hobby, NOT to make money. Nobody told me that price, it's the price on the web as referred to by my link and I was wondering if anybody had heard about them? Sorry for the confussionne_nau.gif

Thanks,

Eric
    Read the resellerrattings, and if you still want to do business with them give me a call. I have a very nice bridge I could let you have cheap.

Sam
  • Options
    Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2005
    You definately want to stay away from amphotoworld. I've read extremely bad reviews about the site. What they will do is sell you a camera for really cheap, but then somewhow when you call to confirm your order, they will sneak in some WAY overpriced accessories. If you don't cave in and buy the accessories, they will hang up on you and email you saying what you ordered is backordered. Just search for some reviews of that place. Here are some complaints on epinions.com.

http://www.epinions.com/msg/show_~threads/cat_id_~22/id_~2172/forum_id_~145/pp_~1
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2005
    Red Bull wrote:
    You definately want to stay away from amphotoworld. I've read extremely reviews about the site. What they will do is sell you a camera for really cheap, but then somewhow when you call to confirm your order, they will sneak in some WAY overpriced accessories. If you don't cave in and buy the accessories, they will hang up on you and email you saying what you ordered is backordered. Just search for some reviews of that place. Here are some complaints on epinions.com.

http://www.epinions.com/msg/show_~threads/cat_id_~22/id_~2172/forum_id_~145/pp_~1

Thanks Redbull that's what I figured but you have confirmed it for me. I guess I'll add epinions.com to my favs list and be sure to check it before deciding where to buy a new camera, or anything for that matter.

Eric