Les Fetes de la Nouvelle-France

TooManyToysTooManyToys Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
edited August 8, 2007 in People
Every summer for the past 11 years, the Fetes de la Nouvelle-France which is held in Quebec City, Quebec Canada has celebrated the history of the first European settlers in North America.

It's quite a sight to see where people wear period costumes and there are different sorts of street performances, food tasting, wine/beer tasting, live bands. You could even purchase your own costume to join in the fun.

Here's a few facts Quebec City to set the stage for the photos below.

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]It's the cradle of French civilization in North America.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Québec City was founded in 1608 by Samuel de Champlain and will celebrate its 400th anniversary in 2008.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]In 1985, the “Arrondissement historique de Québec” was proclaimed a UNESCO World Heritage Site.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]The Greater Quebec City Area population totals 660 000, 95 % of which are francophones. English is widely spoken in all service industries and tourist and shopping areas.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]It's the capital city of the province of Québec with a total population of seven and a half million.[/FONT]

I took a trip for the long weekend and snapped a few shots while walking around and some more of the parade on Sunday. I hope you will enjoy the photos. C & C are always welcome.

6283274-md.jpg
6283272-md.jpg

6283249-md.jpg

6283253-md.jpg

6283254-md.jpg

Comments

• TooManyToysTooManyToys Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited August 7, 2007
    Les Fetes de la Nouvelle-France (part 2)
    .... and a few more!:D

6283248-md.jpg

6283243-md.jpg

6283242-md.jpg

6283264-md.jpg

6283259-md.jpg
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2007
    Ohhh how much fun!!! These are great! I love all the lady's costumes thumb.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
    edited August 7, 2007
    ShepsMom wrote:
    Ohhh how much fun!!! These are great! I love all the lady's costumes thumb.gif

Thanks ShepsMom, the costumes were great, especially seeing the full range of prosperity... peasants, voyagers, farm folk to the super snooty elite... complete with the appropriate attitudes!!
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2007
    These are very nice! I love the clowns. And I'm in love with bonnet girl. iloveyou.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2007
    thanks for sharing - it's fun to see different parts of the world thru dgrinners eyes/lenses.

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
    edited August 8, 2007
    Frog Lady wrote:
    thanks for sharing - it's fun to see different parts of the world thru dgrinners eyes/lenses.

C.

Thanks Wxwax, QC seems to have a plethora of beautiful people... must be the water!

Thanks Frog Lady for the kind words.