Feature Photo for Subcategory

Get Framed PhotoGet Framed Photo Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited August 8, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Is there any way to change the feature photo for a subcatagory or is it always the 1st photo of the 1st gallery?

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2007
    Is there any way to change the feature photo for a subcatagory or is it always the 1st photo of the 1st gallery?
    It's whatever photo you feature in the 1st gallery.

But you can have any photo you want featured. Add the preferred photo to
    the 1st gallery, feature it, then move it to some private gallery somewhere.
    Heard it's suppose to work.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2007
    Allen wrote:
    ...But you can have any photo you want featured. Add the preferred photo to the 1st gallery, feature it, then move it to some private gallery somewhere. Heard it's suppose to work.

well this does enable you to have a featured photo for a gallery that no longer exists in that gallery... true, but not that good for solving the featured photo for a subcategory since you can't stop this "phantom" featured photo from also showing up as the first sub-cat's gallery's featured photo... eek7.gif (if you followed that, i am impressed...)

My example:
    I use sub-cats in my wedding category for some weddings that are bigger events than one gallery.... ie. my son's wedding... I have galleries for Friday's rehearsal and dinner, another gallery for the Wedding, and a final gallery for Sunday's festivities with the guests from out of town. I'd like a picture of the bride and groom from the wedding day to be the featured picture for the sub-category, then when you click on the sub-cat, you see the three galleries chronologically (friday, saturday (wedding) and sunday). I don't want the bride/groom pic from the wedding showing up on the friday rehearsal dinner gallery... headscratch.gif For now I have to settle on a pic from the "Friday" gallery as the Feature photo for my son's wedding