VENDOR: 15% SALE on Frame Destination, Inc. products...

fdifdi Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
edited August 29, 2007 in Flea Market
Recently Frame Destination, Inc. added a new line of CD/DVD storage products to help reduce data loss on CD/DVD’s. For the month of August’07 only, DGRIN members can use the following coupon for 15% off on these products. On the checkout page use the promotional code: DGCDAS07

CD's and DVD's are a very convenient for backing up your photo's and other digital data but CD's and DVD's can fade and become unreadable. Typical life expectancy of a CD is between 2-20 years depending on the usage and storage. It turns out they are susceptible to airborne pollutants and light. Archivalware Storage Systems with Corrosion Intercept Technology can increase the lifespan of discs by 40 years or more. Ozone and reactive oxygen can cause the metal layer of the CD/DVD to break down and oxidize. We added this product line for our customers, many of whom are professional photographers. 8-CD pages combined with 3-ring album are great for storing collections of CD's. The CD/DVD storage pockets with adhesive backs are great for storing digital copies of photographs in the back of a print album sold to a customer. The CD/DVD angle flap storage pockets are convenient for storing individual discs. We also carry Jewel Case inserts which can be used to make a standard CD/DVD jewel case archival and this product is available in 100-packs.

Cheers,
Mark
Picture Frames Destination, Inc.
Facebook
My Picture Framing Blog
Rebel T2i, 100mm/2.8, 28-105mm
100-300mm, 17-35mm

Comments

• fdifdi Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited August 7, 2007
    VENDOR: 15% SALE on Frame Destination, Inc. products...
    Frame Destination, Inc. recently added photo print sleeves to its photo storage product line. For the month of August’07 only, DGRIN members can use the following coupon for 15% off on these products. On the checkout page use the promotional code: DGCDAS07
    (this coupon code also works for our CD/DVD Archival Storage Products).

We now have three types of print sleeves. Sealed on two sides, open with easy locking flap, and mounting sleeves. All of the sleeves are safe for long term photo storage and protection. They are acid-free and pvc-free. The mounting sleeves have adhesive strips that make mounting in scrapbooks and photo albums easy. We also have volume discounts starting at just 2 packs.

Cheers,
    Mark
    Facebook
    My Picture Framing Blog
    100-300mm, 17-35mm
    edited August 9, 2007
    CD/DVD Storage Test Report
    Here is a link to an extensive study of CD archival storage with
    corrosion intercept technology performed by Jonathan Farley, Senior
    Conservator at the Royal Botanic Gardens:
    CD-Insert Test Report

I was surprised by his findings on the jewel cases. Here is quote from his summary on page 17 of the report:

"The most deleterious factor in the CD's environment which will
    contribute to its decay is the Jewel Case in which it is supplied. Acid
    off gassing as a result of poorly chosen materials in the products'
    packaging can reduce the longevity of a CD to decades rather than the
    centuries predicted by most manufacturers…As a consequence, unless
    Jewel Cases undergo a radical redesign, the presence of deleterious
    plasticizers will be continued requirement, and a continued threat to
    the longevity of CDs. Not one commercial CD manufacturer will admit
    publicly that their CDs are manufactured from decayable materials which
    can be affected from deleterious factors in their immediate environment.
    As a consequence of this, many packaging manufacturers pay little, or no
    attention to their choice of materials."

Cheers,
    Mark
    Facebook
    My Picture Framing Blog
    100-300mm, 17-35mm
    edited August 14, 2007
    Press Release about our CD/DVD storage product
    Here is our recent press release about CD/DVD storage product that we currently have on sale for DGRIN members:

Mark Rogers
    Frame Destination, Inc.
    13715 Floyd Circle
    Dallas, TX 75243
    http://www.FrameDestination.com
    1-877-5FRAMES (372637)

Prevent CD/DVD Rot/Corrosion/Bronzing with New Archival Products Available at Frame Destination. Inc.

August 10, 2007 – Dallas, TX – Frame Destination, Inc is carrying a new line of CD/DVD archival storage products that prevent CD/DVD Corrosion and Rot with technology developed by Lucent Bell Labs. Corrosion Intercept® Technology extends the life of compact discs from 40-120 years according to testing done by Bell Labs. ArchivalWare® CD/DVD storage products manufactured by University Product, Inc. help protect them from the four primary mechanisms causing data loss: Ozone (oxidation of the Aluminum reflective layer), UV Light, Biological damage (fungus and bacterial growth), and ESD (electrostatic discharge), thereby providing the best prevention of disc rot available today.

Corrosion Intercept® is a patented, revolutionary technology that uses semi-conductor technology to transform plastic into a protective reactive barrier against corrosive gases, bacteria and fungus. It's comprised of highly reactive copper particles bonded into a polymer matrix. This matrix forms a preferential corrosion site that reacts and neutralizes all corrosive gases that pass through or come in contact with the film.

Reactive oxygen and Ozone causes the aluminum layer on the CD/DVD to break down. When aluminum in a thin film oxidizes it becomes clear and unable to reflect the laser pulse attempting to read the disc. ArchivalWare® and Corrosion Intercept® protects against this failure. The permanent neutralization of corrosive gasses also prevents fungus and bacterial growth. The unique designs of the ArchivalWare® CD Preserversallow full visibility of the face of the CD/DVD while protecting the data side of the disc. The clear film which is UV protected will not lift images from the face of laser or inkjet produced labels.

This unique and convenient storage system assures you the maximum protection technology currently offers. Jewel insertshelp protect CD/DVD’s from the out gassing of the CD Jewel case itself. ArchivalWare® 8-CD Page Storage Pagesand Albums featuring slipcases allow manufacturer recommended vertical storage with additional light/dust protection. You can find more information on these products by visiting:
    http://www.framedestination.com/prod...egoryid=stcddv

Frame Destination caters to digital photographers providing archival storage products such clear bags to protect everything from digital images on CD/DVDs to final photographic prints for storage in boxes to display in museum quality picture frames. For photo and digital prints we offer print sleeves, clear bags, and storage boxes for protection, storage and scrapbooking of photo prints. We also specialize in museum quality archival picture frames for fine-art photography in standard and digital sizes such as 8.5x11, 8x12, 13x19, 11x17, 16x24, and soon 17x25. We offer acid-free framing components such as mats, mount board, glass, acrylic, Plexiglas and mounting supplies like Lineco hinging tape and photo frame corners.

For information: Log onto www.FrameDestination.com; email: info @ framedestination.com or call toll-free 1-877-5FRAMES.

# # #
    Facebook
    My Picture Framing Blog
    100-300mm, 17-35mm
    edited August 18, 2007
    Guide CD/DVDs Care Handling and Storage
    I recently updated our website with a Guide for CD/DVDs Care, Handling and Storage from the National Institute of Standards and Technology's special publication of the care and handling of Cds and DVDs.

Cheers, Mark
    Facebook
    My Picture Framing Blog
    100-300mm, 17-35mm
    edited August 29, 2007
    Just a couple days left for this sale.
    Facebook
    My Picture Framing Blog