Options

My Honeymoon in New Zealand

greenplasticdavegreenplasticdave Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
edited August 10, 2007 in Landscapes
Went to NZ on my Honeymoon. It was awesome :) Let me know what you think of some of my favourite shots.

1544-1185686460-1-l.jpg
Christchurch from 700ft in a hot air balloon.
1544-1185701557-0-l.jpg
Dunedin Rail Station. 6 shot stitched panorama.
1544-1185701741-0-l.jpg
Clifden Suspension Bridge
1544-1185874857-0-l.jpg
Stirling Falls
1544-1185923430-0-l.jpg
Mitre Peak
1544-1185955942-0-l.jpg
Lake Wakatipu
1544-1186316584-0-l.jpg
Queenstown
1544-1186317730-1-l.jpg
Nugget Point Light House

Comments

• Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2007
    Whoah. The first shot especially made my eyebrows defy gravity, and that doesn't happen much. You got some wonderful light, weather, and vistas. Really gorgeous! Congratulations and great photos.

Is the last one HDR?
  • Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2007
    Holy katz! That shot of Mitre Peak is astounding. Amazing color and composition. clap.gif

I also love the shot of the lighthouse. The halo behind the peak there is a teensy bit strong for me, but that was only when I went back for a second look (and third and fourth... :D).

Thank you for sharing!
  • Options
    jamesljamesl Registered Users Posts: 642 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2007
    Went to NZ on my Honeymoon. It was awesome :) Let me know what you think of some of my favourite shots.

Nugget Point Light House

Holy Shmowly! Excellent stuff. clap.gif I've never been there, but it is on my wife and I's list of places to visit. deal.gif

That first shot is very beautiful. Did you use a Tobacco filter on the Miter's Peak shot? Also, you've got a bit of haloing going on the lighthouse, maybe from a contrast mask or from Shadows and Highlights. Regardless, great stuff!

James
  • Options
    kriyababajikriyababaji Registered Users Posts: 295 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2007
    Great stuff

The bridge, water fall, Mitre peak and lighthouse are all spectacular.

Nice work, Shane
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2007
    Thanks for the comments folks. The Light house shot is a tone mapped raw file. I 'ummed and ahhed' about the light halo for ages and decided to go with it in the end, some people like it, others don't. We all know as photographers that you cant please everyone eh? ;)

I did indeed use a Tobacco filter on Mitre Peak. The weather was terrible on the day and I was systematically using every filter I had with me to see If I could improve the situation.

Cheers once more, folks.

-Dave-
  • Options
    toadlettoadlet Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2007
    Nice series
    A nice series of shots you have here from such a wonderful location for photography. Did your wife get fed up everytime you pulled the camera out to get a cracking shot! Good series, and post processingclap.gif
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,919 moderator
    edited August 9, 2007
    I'm diggin' Mitre Peak. That's a mighty fine shot!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2007
    toadlet wrote:
    A nice series of shots you have here from such a wonderful location for photography. Did your wife get fed up everytime you pulled the camera out to get a cracking shot! Good series, and post processingclap.gif

Laughing.gif! Funny you should ask that ;) She is very understanding though as she likes my photos and understands how much pleasure I get from taking them.

Cheers

-Dave-
  • Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2007
    Wow some real cool stuff
    I'm with Ian awesome peak the color is amazing
    Good job on all these

Fred
  • Options
    Miguel DelinquentoMiguel Delinquento Registered Users Posts: 904 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2007
    Fun shots
    Looks like you both had a wonderful time together. My favorite shots are: 2, 5, 7, 8, and 1.
    Couple of comments: The Mitre Peak shot is a little too over the top for me, but I can see how some folks dig it. The hot air baloon shot has great potential. I would crop out a third of the foreground and then enlarge the rayed area. Use curves to bring out foreground detail, enhance the sun's highlights, and add more depth and contrast to the clouds. The aura at the lighthouse I like, it makes the mood. My favorite is probably the Queenstown pano of sorts. Nice clarity and depth, so much to see!