Options

First Attempt at Landscapes

chris_cchris_c Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited August 8, 2007 in Landscapes

Hi all, decided to go a wee run yesterday and have my first real go at sum landscape photography so please leave some C&C about these pics. I have them up on other forums also so if you have seen them before sorry for boring you :dunno .
Castlerock Beach
3.jpg
Musseden Temple from the beach
1.jpg
The Claire Louise
5.jpg
Dunluce Castle
4.jpg
The Giant's Causeway
7.jpg
6.jpg
2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2007
    Can I fly over now and take landscapes with you? This really made me miss Ireland.

Have to say 3 and 6 are my favorites. thumb.gif For the third one, I might have put the boat a bit more to the left in the frame, but you have the right idea here. It's a great focal point full of character that can lead you into the landscape--thus more landscape visible behind it might be nice. It would be interesting to see this shot from the same vantage point with a wide-angle lens. Maybe with you just a bit lower.

The sixth photo brings in what some of the other landscapes here lack, which is amazing light. The crispness of that crest of shadow against the illuminated portion is beautiful.

Ah, who'm I kidding? It's impossible to take a bad picture of Ireland. Thank you for filling my morning with some great memories. :D