Get a grip man!

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited August 9, 2007 in Sports
OK, I'd better add what this might be your looking at... (whew, that's a bad sign when one has to explain what the picture is :dunno )

Bull rider's grip on his rope that will hopefully keep him attached for 8 seconds to about 1 ton of raging, jumping, spinning, stomping bull.

I'm shooting some behind the shoots pictures and just gauging what kind of shots the fans would prefer. (I understand this is a photog site, not a rodeo site)

181803575-M.jpg
Randy

Comments

• CookieSCookieS Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2007
    YEAh, but there are alot of horse lovers here too, not everything has to be about birds :) So I love Rodeo pictures, i was gonna comment on one of your other threads but The computer wouldn't let me..........strange, only on that thread. ne_nau.gif
  • DRGSinDRGSin Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited August 9, 2007
    I like it, a very nice shot. The only thing I can see to improve it with would be to show more of his forearm. I want to see the muscles working and the veins popping which would convey the intensity and power.
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2007
    There are definetly a lot of interesting things going behind the scenes as one is getting ready to ride a bull or bronc. I was crazy enough to try it once and I will never forget it!!

For this shot I agree and think it is too tight of a shot. Get the forearm, the belt buckle, even the whole rider. If you by chance find a guy crazy enough to ride without a glove than do a tight crop like this one. Same might also work for an old ratty glove and do a b&W conversion.

This glove is too nice and pretty.

Keep posting some of these though- they are a great change of pace.
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • allensfotoallensfoto Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited August 9, 2007
    nice shot .. but dang that bull looks clean... rolleyes1.gif
    Curtis
    Failure is not an option for me,
    So i just keep pressing the shutter and trying again.
    http://allensfoto.net
    :gun2