damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
edited February 23, 2005 in Holy Macro
The Pain, Arlington, Virginia, USA

11976739-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2005
    Nice shot. I would try to fix the glare on the tree though. It distracts.
  • Options
    ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2005
    Nice idea Damonff.I would try it in a B&W .It has great imagery but it is a bit hot on the tree and a B&W might just be the ticket for this one .
    thumb.gif

Cheers
    Tim
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2005
    I'm not so sure about B&W. I think losing the green grass amongst the headstones might take something away from the image. All depends on what damonff wants out of it. If the focal point is the tree, then that would look cool in high contrast. If the focal point is the somewhat blurry headstones (analogous to fuzzy memories of those long dead), then I'm not sure there's enough contrast with the grass to warrant it.

ymmv, of course.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2005
    thanks for the feedback everyone...I'll work on the image some more...
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 23, 2005
    Damon - love it. thumb.gif

B&W would kill it.
    high contrast tree is the point, no?

but... if you could reshoot, I would move the camera down juuuust a little bit. in the lower right side, there is bit of that branch cut out, essentially it's elbow. that omission let my eyes wander off down the image. If that elbow was there, it'd swing me back up, and I don't think you'd lose anything off the top.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited February 23, 2005
    good idea Erik and thanks...yes, it's meant to be blown out...
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 23, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Damon - love it. thumb.gif

B&W would kill it.
    high contrast tree is the point, no?

but... if you could reshoot, I would move the camera down juuuust a little bit. in the lower right side, there is bit of that branch cut out, essentially it's elbow. that omission let my eyes wander off down the image. If that elbow was there, it'd swing me back up, and I don't think you'd lose anything off the top.
    ditto.
    ditto.

ditto. done.

nice!
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2005
    Damon, this is fantastic! Great eye to see that figure, and your title is perfect. I'd like to see it in B&W just to see if it increases the drama even more...or maybe duotone? Wonderful image. thumb.gif