edited February 26, 2005 in Cameras
Just found this on Luminous Landscapes:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/d2x-noise.shtml

Apparently the D2X suffers from noise :cry

Comments

• Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2005
    Somethings not right with that test. I'm not sure what it is, but ISO 400 should not have more noise than 800.

He's not know for his technical reviews. I'd wait until some others get a chance to post their results. One would be Phil at dpreview. He's the best for this sort of testing.

Dave
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2005
    The article which appeared here has been removed.

It showed a comparison of high ISO noise performance done between a Nikon D2x and a Canon 20D, shot at the PMA show. The Nikon appeared to perform quite poorly in this area, though, as I wrote in my show report, I was impressed with the camera's low ISO performance, .

While I believe that the results presented were by and large accurate, enough errors in my methodology were politely pointed out to me that I've decided to withdraw the piece until amore rigorous and comprehensive test can be undertaken.

I regret any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Michael
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    This looks to be a more accurate review. I'm sure there are still issues regarding the Nikon vs. Canon section.

http://www.naturfotograf.com/D2X_rev00.html

Dave
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2005
    Here is a review my Moose Peterson.