Gwynn in Argentina

lavidaporteñalavidaporteña Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited August 9, 2007 in People
These are some pictures of my little sis on her trip to visit me in Argentina this winter (well, your summer). Please, feel free to C&C! None of them have been adjusted.

Most of these are in Puerto Madryn, on the Peninsula Valdés on the Argentine coast. Obviously, she was posing, but mainly kind of wandering around. We were trying to get pictures to give the grandparents. The one that looks out of place is in Bariloche, after it snowed at our hotel by the lake.

Bariloche - the little white specks are not noise, but snow.
Pic4.jpg

Puerto Madryn

DSC02309.jpg
DSC02264.jpg

DSC02270.jpg

DSC02306.jpg

Comments

• ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2007
    Looks like a beautiful place, your sister is a pretty lady.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2007
    I love her red outfit in contrast w/ the background. Looks like a gorgeous place!
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2007
    I love the last photo in particular, and the one where she is spinning with her shawl in the air. She seems like a very free person! Just wish it was more in focus. mwink.gif
  • lavidaporteñalavidaporteña Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited August 9, 2007
    schmooo wrote:
    I love the last photo in particular, and the one where she is spinning with her shawl in the air. She seems like a very free person! Just wish it was more in focus. mwink.gif

OK, I wish that one was more in focus, too. How do I get a fast-moving picture more in focus? I was using a fast shutter speed...
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2007
    It's OK, blur happens! From the time of day you were shooting I'm guessing it was relatively dark. Your shutter speed was probably fast for regular handheld shots (like #1) but still not fast enough to stop her motion. If I had been in that situation I would have pushed the ISO higher to compensate for it.

And also had her stand there and spin and spin and spin until I got one that I was OK with, or until she got too dizzy (whichever comes first :D )
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2007
    If you shot RAW, adjust the EV exposure to -1/3...see what that does for you.