Options

West Coast Tasmania - Rugged Landscape Beauty

toadlettoadlet Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
edited August 14, 2007 in Landscapes
I thought I would share a selection of the many photos I got whilst on a road trip on the West Coast of Tasmania, Australia. There are many great opportunities in this area for the landscape photographer, and with the weather so moody and random scenes are always changing, being lit up and thrown into darkness and back again all within a matter of seconds. Your comments welcome.

The was taken early in the morning, just getting into more wild country. I liked the morning mist and the road going into the mountain.
181976354-L.jpg

A mountain scene this time in the late afternoon.
181976596-L.jpg

The was taken on just outside of the township of Queenstown. The mine fumes have stripped the once rainforest mountains bare, and this is what remains today. The colours are very good for photography and help tell a story within photos. It was one of the few stumps of tree I could find to help add an emement of foreground interest.
181976813-L.jpg

Late in the afternoon, the Franklin River winding its way down beside the hill - once the river going to be flooded for a dam. The light was ackward because I was facing directly west, but I think the PP has come out well with a 'dark' feel to it.

181977977-L.jpg

Comments