Options

Big PS Trouble :(

sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
edited August 10, 2007 in Finishing School
Hi. I have an antique version of PS - (5) too poor to upgrade - I was having problems (it was crashing upon save), so I uninstalled, reinstalled. The problem now is: When I open a file nothing shows up, except as a tiny thumbnail in the tool boxes - history, layers, etc. The other weird thing is, those windows - history, brushes, palette, layers - have no names.

Another weird thing is, when I open brush options, the window is very long - the width of the "canvas" (or where the canvas should be).

Can someone help me out - I have no PS right now - need it.

Something short of purchasing a new version, hopefully.

Comments

• Options
    sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2007
    sara505 wrote:
    Hi. I have an antique version of PS - (5) too poor to upgrade - I was having problems (it was crashing upon save), so I uninstalled, reinstalled. The problem now is: When I open a file nothing shows up, except as a tiny thumbnail in the tool boxes - history, layers, etc. The other weird thing is, those windows - history, brushes, palette, layers - have no names.

Another weird thing is, when I open brush options, the window is very long - the width of the "canvas" (or where the canvas should be).

Can someone help me out - I have no PS right now - need it.

Something short of purchasing a new version, hopefully.

Fixed it! Re-installed for third time, restarted computer, voila, works perfectly. I still need to upgrade though. Someday.
  • Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2007
    sara505 wrote:
    Fixed it! Re-installed for third time, restarted computer, voila, works perfectly. I still need to upgrade though. Someday.

On the upgrade front, you could get a v7 copy really cheap then use that license to upgrade to the furrent version. Should be cheaper than re-purchasing the full $600 license again.