Options

CS2 for 49.95? Is this real?

sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
edited August 9, 2007 in Finishing School
While trying to figure out what to do about my below-mentioned PS problem I happened upon a site offering CS2 for 49.95. Is this for real? http://bargainsoftwaredownload.com/index.html

Comments

• Options
    photojphotoj Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2007
    bogus
    Sara,
    I saw your link and took a quick look at the site...it screams scam. When I went to the terms of service page and started reading it looked even more like a scam.

Below I copied a section of their terms and conditions page, note that you CANNOT register the software with the manufacture and that updates are not available. Looks like to me that this group has a cracked copy of the product and are trying to make a quick buck before Adobe and the others catch on.

The other thing that leaps out at me is the grammar errors on their terms page, if this company was legit a lawyer would have looked over the terms and conditions. I don't imagine many lawyers making simple grammatical errors. Not that I'm an English major but still...

Save your money and buy a real copy.

PhotoJ

from the sites terms page:

2. Basic conditions of purchasing at BargainSoftwareDownload.com online store

2.1. You are purchasing for our service to create a archive copy of the software.
    2.2. You CANNOT register the software with the manufacturer and updates are available not for
    all the products;
    2.3. You DO NOT receive printed license documentation;
    2.4. You DO NOT receive a copy of the software on a disk; The software is delivered electronically
    by downloading.
    2.5. You will thoroughly follow the downloading and installation instructions;
    2.6. The Store will assist you with downloading and installation issues. We will not provide
    technical support after the software product is downloaded and installed; neither will it be available
    from the manufacturer of the software product.
    "Make it don't take it!"

Jason
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2007
    sara505 wrote:
    Is it real?
    As a general rule, if you have to ask, then the answer is NO deal.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    silicasilica Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited August 9, 2007
    Remember what Robert DeNiro said in Ronin:

"Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt."
  • Options
    sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2007
    silica wrote:
    Remember what Robert DeNiro said in Ronin:

"Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt."

I knew it couldn't be real ... but there's always that tiny spark of hope... anyway, since I am a student, I think there's a place - referred to here more than once - whence one can purchase a student edition?
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2007
    sara505 wrote:
    I knew it couldn't be real ... but there's always that tiny spark of hope... anyway, since I am a student, I think there's a place - referred to here more than once - whence one can purchase a student edition?
    academic superstore deal.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"