182149155-M.jpg

182149168-L.jpg

182149167-M.jpg

C&C is always welcomed.

Comments

• Options
    ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2007
    Those are nice! I see what you mean about low light at the ceremony--wow.
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2007
    Hey Jeff,

I haven't seen the whole gallery so correct me if you have other shots of the bridal toss, but focal length as wide as you can, horizontally, and sit on the floor. You'll get a lot more folks/reactions in, as well as the height of the bouquet. Just a suggestion!!! :)

I love the composition and expression in #2. The last one is just amazing. Regal, DARK but very dramatic.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2007
    ~Jan~ wrote:
    Those are nice! I see what you mean about low light at the ceremony--wow.

Yes, My biggest fear was tripping , falling, and otherwise creating a ruckus outside the perimiter of the ceremony. The lighting on the stage area itself wasn't all that bad, but still required realatively slow speeds and High ISO. I used M and set it up for 1/80SS and I dunno what Aperature. Luckily, I had tried a few different settings during rehearsal, and wrote all the #s down in a little notebook so I could change things up without having to experiment. I generally shoot AV mode, but with the BG so dark, the camera tried to expose the BG and overdid the actual subjects. Hey I am still learning....mostly by experimentation.
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    Hey Jeff,

I haven't seen the whole gallery so correct me if you have other shots of the bridal toss, but focal length as wide as you can, horizontally, and sit on the floor. You'll get a lot more folks/reactions in, as well as the height of the bouquet. Just a suggestion!!! :)

I love the composition and expression in #2. The last one is just amazing. Regal, DARK but very dramatic.

The original toss shot was a tad wider, but included a piece of the buffet table(which I was standing behind) in the lower left corner. I appreciate the tip and will definately try that the next opportunity I get.Thanks.

I would never have thought it going in....but I have become fairly adept with children, and so having a few around on this day made things a bit more comfortable for me. I had taken some candids of him before this one and called him over to show them to him. After he saw them all I said how about another? He said yes, and this is the result. He was pretty handsome, and proud in his mini tux!

The last shot is one of the prettier ones from the ceremony. WB was tough as you noted in a recent thread on skin tone workflow. I had tried a CWB but it was too cool whearas AWB was WAAAAAYY too red, I guess because of all the red being reflected around the building. Anyway, I am pleased with the color here. BTW this was shot with the 85mm prime if that gives you an idea of how huge the sanctuary was. And my back wasn't even near a wall!!!!