Lady on Red!

DLutzDLutz Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
edited August 12, 2007 in People
Here are a few from last weekends shoot with Shawn, I normally shoot her girls (Robin, and Raven) but this was her turn in front of the lens, she has been helping me with studio stuff behind the scenes and when I put her in front of the camera she didn't know what to do ;) I think she did wonderfully and was a great sport and let me play a little...

img_7186-edit.jpg

img_7083-edit.jpg

and this one that is totally "not her" but I thought it made a wonderful shot.

img_7154-edit.jpg

I am looking for all the nit picky things I can do to make my images better... So don't hold back. :scratch
--Daniel
"Capturing Moments in Time Since 1975"
For more of my images check out my photo blog:

Comments

• photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2007
    Thse are all great, but I LOVE the last photo! I was looking at the first and thought I wanted to see more expression, but the last one had me laughing! She looks like a lot of fun!

As a woman, I think I'd like the first shot cropped a bit closer. Her eyes are gorgeous and they keep getting drawn... um... down. rolleyes1.gif

Actually, I think the second photo is my favorite, now that I look at them again. It's very nicely done!

She's gorgeous! Very nicely done!
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2007
    15524779-Ti.gif with Andi
    • The first image needs to be cropped a little closer. The empty space to the right doesn't add. If it were cropped to more a of a head/shoulders shot, the focus would then be on her eyes. As it stands, the eyes take second place to other attractions.
    • The second is great. Love the use of light/shadow here. This is a very complimentary photo of a very attractive young lady. Love the photo!
  • ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2007
    I love the 2nd one, however I'd love to see you dodge the whites of her eyes a bit.
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2007
    Hummm can't find anything to be picky about...looks great to me.
  • Bippity11Bippity11 Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited August 10, 2007
    I like the second one best. The first is nice though(if you catch my drift), but I agree that her assets steal some of the attention from her other assets, like her eyes. The second is my favorite. I think the rear eye cold use some dodging but that may be nitpicking.
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2007
    I like #1 as is. #2 she's resting too hard on her hand. #3 is lovely! :D
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • DLutzDLutz Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited August 12, 2007
    Thanks much for the wonderful feedback on these images, I have been trying not to over process the eyes (I have been known to make them ghoulish) I will try a different crop on the first one, and the hand resting heavy is something I will try to look out for in additional shots. As for the young lady as Scott put it that will make her day she will be a grandma in November :D
    --Daniel
    "Capturing Moments in Time Since 1975"
    For more of my images check out my photo blog: