Options

Increase Featured Galleries from 4 to 8

ZmomZmom Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
edited August 10, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hello,

Is it possible to increase the number of featured galleries from 4 to, for example, 8?

Thanks,

Zmom
Zmom

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2007
    Zmom wrote:
    Hello,

Is it possible to increase the number of featured galleries from 4 to, for example, 8?

Thanks,

Zmom
    Hi Zmom, no, it is not, I'm sorry. I wish I had a different answer for you, but I don't :cry
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Zmom, no, it is not, I'm sorry. I wish I had a different answer for you, but I don't :cry

No problem - I just have to keep my photos updated more regularly so I don't have a dozen new galleries at once!

Thanks,

Zmom
    Zmom
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,240 moderator
    edited August 10, 2007
    Zmom wrote:
    No problem - I just have to keep my photos updated more regularly so I don't have a dozen new galleries at once!

Thanks,

Zmom
    I can't tell from your profile what type of account that you have. If you have a power or pro account and if you have implemented a navbar - it is fairly easy to create your own page to highlight new galleries and link it from the navbar.

If you have a standard account, you could still create a gallery to be used for this purpose. You could position the gallery so that it is first on the page.

A couple of examples.

I created my Kaleidoscope page (http://denise.smugmug.com/gallery/2659217) to highlight galleries. It is an html-only page where I linked to 3 photos / galleries + added a description for them.

I also have a "normal" gallery, locked into journal style, where I provide links to photo galleries and to journals from my bicycle tours. This gallery contains 1 photo from each of the galleries I want to highlight. In this case I provided the links in the description for each photo. You can see this gallery at http://denise.smugmug.com/gallery/3175657.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2007
    I can't tell from your profile what type of account that you have. If you have a power or pro account and if you have implemented a navbar - it is fairly easy to create your own page to highlight new galleries and link it from the navbar.

If you have a standard account, you could still create a gallery to be used for this purpose. You could position the gallery so that it is first on the page.

A couple of examples.

I created my Kaleidoscope page (http://denise.smugmug.com/gallery/2659217) to highlight galleries. It is an html-only page where I linked to 3 photos / galleries + added a description for them.

I also have a "normal" gallery, locked into journal style, where I provide links to photo galleries and to journals from my bicycle tours. This gallery contains 1 photo from each of the galleries I want to highlight. In this case I provided the links in the description for each photo. You can see this gallery at http://denise.smugmug.com/gallery/3175657.

--- Denise

Denise,

I have a power account, so I could do some rearranging. I'll check out the Navbar threads. I'll probably try something like the Kaleidoscope page.

BTW, your black and tan dachshund Bailey is adorable! Your photos reminded me of how much I miss my mini red smooth Nutmeg and showed it *is* possible to successfully photograph a ground-hugging dog.

Thanks for the info,

Zmom
    Zmom
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,240 moderator
    edited August 10, 2007
    Zmom wrote:
    BTW, your black and tan dachshund Bailey is adorable! Your photos reminded me of how much I miss my mini red smooth Nutmeg and showed it *is* possible to successfully photograph a ground-hugging dog.

Thanks for the info,

Zmom
    Dachshunds are definitely funny dogs! They don't like standing still for too long either...

--- Denise