Options

Withdrawn: Giottos MT 8170 tripod

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited January 22, 2008 in The Kitchen Sink
Brand new in the box with all the gizmos. Just got it from B&H

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/296579-REG/Giottos_MT8170_MT_8170_Carbon_Fiber_Universal.html

Love the design and features :deal , but.. I'm 6'2".. The darn thing is not tall enough for me :cry

I will part with it if someone wants it soon, asking price is $259, preferably local pickup, so you'd save on shipping:-). I'm in Conejo Valley, on a border of Ventura and Los Angeles counties, 91260..91362 zip codes.
If no takers any time soon, I will simply return it, so no lowball calls, please.:wink
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    rpcrowerpcrowe Registered Users Posts: 733 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2007
    The problem with Giottos ads...
    The problem (as I see it) with the Giottos specifications is that they do not list the height of the tripod legs without the center column extended. They only list total height with the center column all the way up. I don't use the center column to extend the height of a tripod because it is not usually solid with the center column totally extended.

I just purchased the Giottos 8180 (which is listed as 4 inches higher than the 8170) and I am waiting to receive it.

I hope that the height of the tripod without center column extended is 4" higher - not that just the center column is 4" longer.
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2007
    Yeah, I guess... Anyway, that thing was returned...
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2007
    rpcrowe wrote:
    The problem (as I see it) with the Giottos specifications is that they do not list the height of the tripod legs without the center column extended. They only list total height with the center column all the way up. I don't use the center column to extend the height of a tripod because it is not usually solid with the center column totally extended.

I just purchased the Giottos 8180 (which is listed as 4 inches higher than the 8170) and I am waiting to receive it.

I hope that the height of the tripod without center column extended is 4" higher - not that just the center column is 4" longer.

Not all. It appears the x1xx line isn't on their main site, but those specs are there for the x2xx and x3xx legs. Wonder why..maybe those are getting phased out? It should be about 18cm difference (based on the average from similarly-sized legs on the main site), so without column I'd expect about 162cm/63.78"
  • Options
    rpcrowerpcrowe Registered Users Posts: 733 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2008
    Mt-8180
    The MT-8180 has been phased out.