Finally reverse lens macros

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited August 11, 2007 in Holy Macro
Best 15$ i have ever spent here are some instant indoor tries it is Yashica 50mm very very old lens
Any tips to get sharp focus i found focusing very difficult. i fixed the pin between bed and foam and was able to move it back and forth

How to determine 1:1 or 1:2 ????
182477674-L.jpg

182478385-L.jpg

Same for salt
182477958-L.jpg
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2007
    what aperture are you shooting at? Just like normal shooting... smaller aperture = more DOF.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2007
    sirsloop wrote:
    what aperture are you shooting at? Just like normal shooting... smaller aperture = more DOF.

Thank mate i used f4.5,5.0,5.6
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2007
    Manual aperture lens for a film camera? Does it have a manual aperture on the lens body?
  • USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2007
    Awais
    Wonderful shots love the first one
    Can't wait to see more
    Been wanting to try this my self

Fred
    edited August 10, 2007
    sirsloop wrote:
    Manual aperture lens for a film camera? Does it have a manual aperture on the lens body?

Yes i opened it wide otherwise all i could see is very small opening
    and set apertures on my h5 headscratch.gif

My Gallery
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2007
    Best 15$ i have ever spent here are some instant indoor tries it is Yashica 50mm very very old lens
    Any tips to get sharp focus i found focusing very difficult. i fixed the pin between bed and foam and was able to move it back and forth

How to determine 1:1 or 1:2 ????
    Same for salt

There's a lot of mucking around using reversed lenses Awais.
    I tried it a couple of times, but found it annoying to get the focus right with the two lenses, and it always bothered me.

I know some folks find this techique easy, I didn't rolleyes1.gif

Hope someone can help you out Awais, good luck with your testing :D
    .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2007
    Good shots awais :)

You should be able to use smaller apertures without vignetting with a reversed 50mm lens- assume this is directly onto the camera body or is it reversed onto another lens ?
    I'd try fixing the focus at infinity on the lens and then focus by moving the camera and take a pic of the mm scale of a ruler. Do the same with the lens at min focus.
    Then magnification= sensor width mm/mm of ruler across pic. For a 1.6 crop DSLR the sensor width is about 22.5 mm.

Brian V.
    edited August 11, 2007
    Thanks Skippy and Brian i will do that . I am doing it with H5 i.e fixed lens cam and much smaller sensor
    Skippy it is really hard rolleyes1.gif

My Gallery