Popular photos not showing on my homepage

lizziejanelizziejane Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
edited August 12, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

I have a photo that has received several comments/ratings, and appears in the SM "todays most popular photos" section. However, that one particular photo does not appear in my homepage "most popular" gallery. (I actually have 2 photos in the SM must popular section, but only one appears on my homepage). I have checked my settings for the # of photos to show on my homepage and I'm well under my limit.

Is there something else I need to check?

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2007
    lizziejane wrote:
    Hi,

I have a photo that has received several comments/ratings, and appears in the SM "todays most popular photos" section. However, that one particular photo does not appear in my homepage "most popular" gallery. (I actually have 2 photos in the SM must popular section, but only one appears on my homepage). I have checked my settings for the # of photos to show on my homepage and I'm well under my limit.

Only a limited number show on your homepage and they are the ones with the
    highest vote count. Check your popular gallery.
    Go to your homepage and type this in at the end of your address
    /popular
    or click one of the popular photos.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • lizziejanelizziejane Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited August 10, 2007
    I'm well within my limit in my "most popular" gallery - it's set at 40, and there are only 7 photos in there now. The photo that's missing has more comments than some of the photos that are appearing on my homepage.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2007
    lizziejane wrote:
    Hi,

Hi, I need your site name to look thumb.gif
    Or, write us at the help desk if you are keeping things private :D
    edited August 11, 2007
    It's ceejanerun.smugmug and the photo that's missing is http://ceejanerun.smugmug.com/gallery/3218066#180421152

Thanks!
    edited August 12, 2007
    lizziejane wrote:
    It's ceejanerun.smugmug and the photo that's missing is http://ceejanerun.smugmug.com/gallery/3218066#180421152

Thanks!
    Strange one indeed. We'll look into it.
    edited August 12, 2007
    I also have another picture that someone commented on and now appears in my "most popular" gallery (http://ceejanerun.smugmug.com/popular/7/173117395#173117395). If you follow the "equestrian" link on my homepage and go to the original gallery, the comment doesn't show.

Not a biggie - I'm just curious why some show up and others don't!
    edited August 12, 2007
    lizziejane wrote:
    I also have another picture that someone commented on and now appears in my "most popular" gallery (http://ceejanerun.smugmug.com/popular/7/173117395#173117395). If you follow the "equestrian" link on my homepage and go to the original gallery, the comment doesn't show.

Not a biggie - I'm just curious why some show up and others don't!
    It's being looked at - sorry for the trouble.
    edited August 12, 2007
    All better!!! Thanks so much Andy :D