AMA encounters of the Mid Ohio kind!

F45F45 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
edited August 15, 2007 in Sports
Hey Gang,

Another selection from last weekend's festivities at Mid Ohio for you to peruse and enjoy:
1)

182441449-L.jpg

2)

182441711-L.jpg

3)

182442363-L.jpg

4)

182441559-L.jpg

5)

182443088-L.jpg

6)

182473998-L.jpg

7)

182441520-L.jpg

8)

182441780-L.jpg

9)

182442208-L.jpg

10)

182443054-L.jpg

11)

182443299-L.jpg

12)

182443346-L.jpg

As always...all comments are most welcomed !!

Have a great weekend.
Cheers,

Chris Sedg. :cool
www.christophersedgwick.com

Comments

• Morbid AndrewMorbid Andrew Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited August 11, 2007
    Nice shots. I wish I was track side for that race. Good candids from the pits too.
  • maczippymaczippy Registered Users Posts: 597 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2007
    The Hacking shot is a hoot... thumb.gif
    AutoMotoPhoto® Motorcycle Racing Photography
    Next Race - MotoGP Donington
    :ivar

• F45F45 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2007
    Thanks for the comments guys...I appreciate them!
    Cheers,

• moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    Wow! Outstanding shots, Chris. I make it a point to check out all your race photo threads, I'm never disappointed.thumb.gif

I'd love to try shooting one of these events, I just wish there was something close by I could get to.
  • cal_geckocal_gecko Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    Nice shots!!! I was out there a few weeks ago for work, and happened to be there the same weekend as the American Lemans Series, GT4 Cup Challenge and the Honda 200 .. I'll post a separate thread with my photos :)
    Canon 5D MkIII
    Canon 24-105 f/4L IS
    Canon 70-300 f/4-5.6L IS
    Canon 17-40 f/4L
    Sennheiser MKE400 shotgun Mic
  • amadeusamadeus Registered Users Posts: 2,125 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    Ok, I'll bite.

"As always...all comments are most welcomed !!"

Why is the name Chris Sedgwick in all of these pictures and the guys who are riding the bikes aren't even mentioned. Seems a little self serving to me. These guys made these pictures happen. Not you.
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    Wonderful shots! I especially like the horizon shots and the thumbs-up. thumb.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited August 15, 2007
    Amadeus,

That’s a fair question and comment.
    Point taken, thanks!

The Chris Sedgwick part as you noted in your response is incomplete however. Each image has not only Chris Sedgwick but “copyright (symbol) Chris Sedgwick”, which means when you said “seems a little self serving to me” you were exactly right. That is in fact the point of using a copyright mark on an image. To identify ownership and prevent acquisition by others…which really does serve only me!

Your last statement “These guys made these pictures happen. Not you” is actually inaccurate. As the photographer, I did make these pictures happen and that brief split second in time is what I chose to compose and present within the boundaries of my image’s borders for everyone to see here and in other photography forums. Not unlike the images you have posted in the past of buildings...they are showing your composition and exposure techniques, not specifically the bricklayers' and architect's work.

No worries though, just an observation.
    Thanks for the reply and I’ll take your thoughts to heart and name the subjects from here on out!

Moose135, cal gecko and wxwax...thanks to you as well!

Cheers,
    Chris.
    Cheers,

• amadeusamadeus Registered Users Posts: 2,125 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2007
    F45 wrote:
    Amadeus,

That’s a fair question and comment.
    Point taken, thanks!

Your last statement “These guys made these pictures happen. Not you” is actually inaccurate. As the photographer, I did make these pictures happen and that brief split second in time is what I chose to compose and present within the boundaries of my image’s borders for everyone to see here and in other photography forums. Not unlike the images you have posted in the past of buildings....

actually inaccurate. I've also taken a picture or two at Mid Ohio recently.
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=67546&page=3

Maybe not with the depth and clarity that you have, but we do the best we can with what we have. But 20 people could have stood next to me and taken the same picture. Without a motorcycle racer around, you can never take a picture of a motorcycle racer. They make those pictures happen. thats why they are special. they aren't buildings or trees.

but thanks for a civil response to a rude remark. and try to work on your composition a little more. its too cluttered. :D
    edited August 15, 2007
    amadeus wrote:
    actually inaccurate. I've also taken a picture or two at Mid Ohio recently.
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=67546&page=3

Maybe not with the depth and clarity that you have, but we do the best we can with what we have. But 20 people could have stood next to me and taken the same picture. Without a motorcycle racer around, you can never take a picture of a motorcycle racer. They make those pictures happen. thats why they are special. they aren't buildings or trees.

but thanks for a civil response to a rude remark. and try to work on your composition a little more. its too cluttered. :D
    thumb.gif
    Cheers,