Options

The Getty Museum - LA, last week

kbasakbasa Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
edited March 6, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
I visited the Getty museum, and only very, very briefly, last week. What a spectacular building!

2658238-M-1.jpg

2658242-M-1.jpg

2658252-L-2.jpg

2658254-M-1.jpg
What's this button do?

Comments

• Options
    ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2004
    In a word... WOW!

Cheers
    Tim
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2004
    Shakey wrote:
    In a word... WOW!

Cheers
    Tim
    Thanks. We only had about an hour there. I'd like to go back and spend a day there.

They sell SNPA in the cafeteria. beer.gif
    What's this button do?
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2004
    I especially like the last one. I had the chance to spend a few hours there a coule of years ago. Nice place. I especially remember the illuminated manuscripts and the sculptures.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2004
    The Getty is an incredible place to visit. Great shots of the architecture. I need to go back an take another look. I took a few photos of the reflecting pools.
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2004
    Sandy wrote:
    The Getty is an incredible place to visit. Great shots of the architecture. I need to go back an take another look. I took a few photos of the reflecting pools.
    The thing that struck me was the contrast of the sky and the stark white buildings. They gave the buidlings cool textures and shapes to keep it from being a big box on the hill. I'd really like to go back as the sun is setting and get some shots that emphasize the shapes and contrast of the sky and buildings.

There's lots of opportunity there.

Nice shot of the pool. I like the way you froze the water. I tried to catch the same shot, but I think you did a better job of framing it.
    What's this button do?
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2004
    kbasa wrote:
    The thing that struck me was the contrast of the sky and the stark white buildings. They gave the buidlings cool textures and shapes to keep it from being a big box on the hill. I'd really like to go back as the sun is setting and get some shots that emphasize the shapes and contrast of the sky and buildings.

There's lots of opportunity there.

Nice shot of the pool. I like the way you froze the water. I tried to catch the same shot, but I think you did a better job of framing it.

pretty cool, dave. i'm going to have to check it out sometime.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson