Your advice appreciated

NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
edited February 25, 2005 in The Big Picture
This is a combination of the last few challenges;

16386318-L.jpg

Triptych - obviously!
Dominant color - close to it.
Emotion - Pride (the father's (me:): ))

Definetely going to have it printed - large!

Your suggestions more than welcome - I'd really appreciate your advice before it is printed!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts

Comments

• Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2005
    Hmm, Nir,

I love the right and left photo!!! You have a beautiful daughter and you have a way of capturing her! But the middle photo ne_nau.gif I don't know what to think of it... Somehow it is out of the array of photos, I dunno...
    Do you have any other shots to fit there? I think it's a great idea to print such a tryptich! You'll enjoy it for many years to come clap.gif
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2005
    Thanks Michiel!

rolleyes1.gif I felt kind of unsure about the 2 shots on the edges. I thought maybe they were too much alike. Didn't think there would be a problem with the center shot. I like the play of shadows on the wall in the center shot and the fact it creates diversity ... I'm going to have to think about it again.

Thanks for your feedback - you really have me rethinking this.

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2005
    Okay, getting more into the shadow thing :): but if that is your start point then you might want to consider pics with shadow play on the sides I think... It's always difficult to make predictions and then not see what you actually told someone to do :lol So take my words with some salt, I had a beer mwink.gif Hey, maybe this is an idea, a photo with your daughter, a photo with your daughter and the shadowplay and a photo with only shadowplay. is that something to consider?
    Nice creative thinking assignment you've got for us Nir :D
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • Options
    4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2005
    I love the whole concept Nir. I am curious about the contrast on the two outside photos. Did you take them that way originally, or did you play around with the curves?
  • Options
    JohnRJohnR Registered Users Posts: 732 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2005
    Nice pictures, but they look blown out to me (the ones on the ends). Wonder how they look printed up?
  • Options
    johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2005
    Nir, I really like the center pic. The shadow works with the BW and the music thing. Can you take the pics on the edges with shadows? I would really like to see that set up.

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2005
    Thanks guys!

OK, will have to delay sending it to print.
    I had an opportunity last night to take these ... my daughter was wearing a black 'dancing suit' and practicing playing her black recorder - I immediately saw an opportunity to shoot on a white background. I had B&W in mind before shooting - thought the contrasts would be cool. I used 2 spot lights on the background and bounced flash from a nearby wall.
    Exposure is fine in originals - in post I pushed the contrast and brightness up.
    But, I'm going to try again with your suggestions guys. Just need to get my daughter in the mood again.:):

Thanks!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    I like it, as is, so don't get rid of this version.

Can't wait to see the next version.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    FWIW, Nir, I really like the middle shot. It's different and captures the eye. I like the high key effect. Maybe it just needs different shots in the first and third box? ne_nau.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2005
    A confession
    Isn't it wonderful how everyone sees a photo differently?!

A great many thanks to all of you for your comments but I must confess ... my curiosity and excitement got the better of me. Instaed of waiting for another cooperative opportunity from my daughter, I went out and had them printed. 10"x14" (25x34cm), each frame seperately, matte paper - the 3 of them side by side are beautiful! I'm definetely going to have them framed next week as a triptych, and I know exactly where - same place I had Andy's 'Wet Walk to Work' framed - she's an artist and can bring out the best of a photo!

Thanks again guys! You were very helpful in reminding me that everyone sees it differently. Helped build my confidence in my own decision.

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts