A single pastel flower wondering in mellow green light

LexLex Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
edited August 13, 2007 in Holy Macro
Handheld Nikon D200/28mm 1.4d, location Knoxville Zoo

Photoshop increased some basic raw parameters, and a single touch of sharpness is all the PP done.

182600341-L.jpg

182603206-L.jpg

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2007
    Lex wrote:
    Handheld Nikon D200/28mm 1.4d, location Knoxville Zoo

Photoshop increased some basic raw parameters, and a single touch of sharpness is all the PP done.
    182600341-L.jpg

Lex your link is not working, looks like you have shifted the original location of the picture in your album? headscratch.gif .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • LexLex Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    Lex your link is not working, looks like you have shifted the original location of the picture in your album? headscratch.gif .... Skippy

I don't understand why it was putting smugmug into the link, and it wasn't working someplace it WAS working this afternoon either. The link is still up there as it was, maybe it was when I deleted int once and reloaded it, maybe I was still seeing it because it was cached.

well, hopefully if anyone wishes to see it they can see it now.

At any rate, I am glad I missed your 6666 reply by 20, or I may never have recovered...

Doug
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2007
    Lex wrote:
    I don't understand why it was putting smugmug into the link, and it wasn't working someplace it WAS working this afternoon either. The link is still up there as it was, maybe it was when I deleted int once and reloaded it, maybe I was still seeing it because it was cached.

well, hopefully if anyone wishes to see it they can see it now.

At any rate, I am glad I missed your 6666 reply by 20, or I may never have recovered...

Doug

Hmmmmmmmm I'm not sure what happened with that link headscratch.gif

It is a pretty flower, but I must say you have much nice shots in your album nod.gif ..... thanks for sharing ..... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited August 12, 2007
    Well, it's one shot. I guess not many others have the same appreciation for the effect of the background on this shot as I do, no worries...

That's why it's art.

Doug
  • KevinKevin Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2007
    Very nice , re the feel to this one, the pinks n greens work very well together.
    You may want to expose for the brightest water spots and pop some fill flash to bring the subject up. Just a thought as the droplets detract a bit for me.
    YMMV
    Kevin.
    the Photo Muse: http://the-photo-muse.blogspot.com
    edited August 13, 2007
    Kevin wrote:
    Very nice , re the feel to this one, the pinks n greens work very well together.
    You may want to expose for the brightest water spots and pop some fill flash to bring the subject up. Just a thought as the droplets detract a bit for me.
    YMMV

Thanks. There were no water spots at all, only light spots.

Why this shot was as it was:

I had no flash at the time, as I was on a zoo shoot, with a heavy 200-400VR on monopod with pro body. Typically, I take my 200-400VR only, mostly plan to shoot large mammels and birds. I had no where to put it, no case, I was wedging the Feisol monopod against a fence post corner, while I ripped out my D200 with the 28mm on board. I could have used on board flash, but honestly, I did not see the image this way at the time, it was an after effect I saw with the lighting, and at the time was paying very close attention to both not drop my 200-400VR/D2X, OR my 28mm 1.4d, on D200, and with it very steamy hot, these things had my full attention.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2007
    Very beautiful scene
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery