DoF too Shallow?

ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
edited August 12, 2007 in People
My son from this morning.....

Z
It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.

Comments

• ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2007
    Hey, I remember that smile from the fishing picture, right? :D I like shallow DOF, and the eyes are the most important thing and his eyes look great...very nice light and catchlights. I also like the kinda monochromatic colors going on here...I wonder what a B&W would look like? Nice looking kid and a real keeper of a shot!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • chopskychopsky Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2007
    looks great to me
    Currently Using:
    body: canon 400d
    lenses:
    50mm 1.8 & 10-22mm

Grant Shapiro Design & Photography
  • bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2007
    I think the DoF is pretty nice. Mosts peoples lips aren't really gonna look too sharp anyway since the color change isn't different as say in the eyes. I think is looks natural. The part of the mouth closest to you is somewhat in focus, but the edges of the mouth being farther away are OOF. But you don't want the emphasis of the picture on the mouth anyway.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2007
    I think the focus is excellent! I would crop it differently so the eyes fall into the upper 1/3, though. Great shot! thumb.gif