My favorite little subject

kaldarakaldara Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited February 24, 2005 in People
Just thought I would share some pictures of my little cousin. For the last couple years she has been one of my favorite subjects for pictures. Let me know what you think.

mackUpCloseDG.jpg

and one more...

mackiPieDG.jpg

*kaldara*
*kaldara*
"the kid with the untied shoelaces just might be a genius"

Comments

• ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2005
    I have a hard time pinning it down, but I'm very drawn to the second image. It's very engaging, with the composure and dark barkround. It makes me wonder what she was looking at, with where her eyes are going.

Great shots, and welcome to DGrin! thumb.gifclap.gif
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
  • amcamc Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited February 23, 2005
    Excellent! Very engaging and expressive. I can see why your cousin is your favorite subject. In the second shot, I don't know what that object is, but it bothers me just a bit, as it seems contribute little if anything. I think this is one shot where the viewer should not be distracted from the subject. If I knew what it was and why it was there, I'd probably feel better about it. You might consider wiping it out....leaving the cropping exactly the same, and having another peek at it. Great work...hope to see more.

Regards,
  • fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2005
    She looks like she's got big beautiful eyes. Can we see a color version too?
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • kaldarakaldara Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    Thanks for the comments!
    Thanks for the comments everyone. Just to let you know the item beside her is a pie, pumpkin i believe, and she is looking at someone who is telling her not to put her fingers in it... I will try the suggestion to get rid of the pie and just leave her in the picture.

Also, I will post the color versions of the pictures tomorrow.

Thanks again for the nice comments.

*kaldara*
    *kaldara*
  • NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    Beautiful shots of a beautiful child!

I like the B&W.

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 24, 2005
    beautiful little girl and great captures. too bad about #2; I bet a second earlier you could've caught her with her finger aiming for the pie! :D
  • CosmicCosmic Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    I can see why she's your favourite subject... she's very expressive and a total cutie! :)

The b/w really works with these captures IMO. I like the first one best. Her expression in the second is so luring though-- maybe a tight crop around her face?

Great shots! thumb.gif

~Heidi~
    Lead me not into Temptation. I can find the way myself....

• johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    Great shots Kaldara... Her parents will love you for taking all those wonderful shots. And you're right about taking children pics... they are so pure.

Peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
    edited February 24, 2005
    Color
    fish wrote:
    She looks like she's got big beautiful eyes. Can we see a color version too?
    Here are the color versions. I myself am partial to BW.

mackiPieColorDG.jpg

and

mackUpCloseColorDG.jpg

I sure do love her eyes.

*kaldara*
    *kaldara*
    edited February 24, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    beautiful little girl and great captures. too bad about #2; I bet a second earlier you could've caught her with her finger aiming for the pie! :D
    I hear you on that one. Also, I bet if I would have took one a bit later I could have caught her with her finger IN the pie. :D

*kaldara*
    *kaldara*
    edited February 24, 2005
    No pie in picture # 2
    amc wrote:
    Excellent! Very engaging and expressive. I can see why your cousin is your favorite subject. In the second shot, I don't know what that object is, but it bothers me just a bit, as it seems contribute little if anything. I think this is one shot where the viewer should not be distracted from the subject. If I knew what it was and why it was there, I'd probably feel better about it. You might consider wiping it out....leaving the cropping exactly the same, and having another peek at it. Great work...hope to see more.

Regards,
    here it is with out the pie...

mackiPieBlackDG.jpg

i just think her expression is interesting in this shot.

*kaldara*
    *kaldara*
    edited February 24, 2005
    Tight Crop
    Cosmic wrote:
    I can see why she's your favourite subject... she's very expressive and a total cutie! :)

The b/w really works with these captures IMO. I like the first one best. Her expression in the second is so luring though-- maybe a tight crop around her face?

Great shots! thumb.gif

~Heidi~
    here is another look at the second picture...

mackiPieCropDG.jpg

thanks for the comments!

*kaldara*
    *kaldara*