Large prints and color?

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited August 13, 2007 in People
Large prints and color

I ordered a bridal print and got the auto color option. The print came out much darker than I expected. I think Smugmugs computer must have tried to compensate for all the white in the photo(dress). Should I choose the as is color sttings, or auto?

Also, I use a 10megapixel camera. I would like to do some 16x24 or 20x30 prints and need to know if I should upsample the image.......upsize it in 10% increments.....or will the original sized file be sufficient?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2007
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Large prints and color

I ordered a bridal print and got the auto color option. The print came out much darker than I expected. I think Smugmugs computer must have tried to compensate for all the white in the photo(dress). Should I choose the as is color sttings, or auto?

Also, I use a 10megapixel camera. I would like to do some 16x24 or 20x30 prints and need to know if I should upsample the image.......upsize it in 10% increments.....or will the original sized file be sufficient?
    Hi, I'd love to help. Can you please write me at the help desk, ATTN: Andy in the subject line - and give the order number so I can investigate the file? Thanks! http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal