Please help me narrow these down

fashiznitsngrinsfashiznitsngrins Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
edited August 13, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Please let me know which is your favorite of these four. C&C welcome. I do have one or two other possibilities that I hope to poll again in a couple of days, but I would like to narrow these down first. I REALLY appreciate your help!!! :lust

Sunset Over Seattle I
183318294-L.jpg

Sunset Over Seattle II
183511921-L.jpg

The Emerald City - Twilight
183508568-L.jpg

The Emerald City - Night
183294662-O.jpg

Please pick your favorite 24 votes

Sunset Over Seatte I
4% 1 vote
Sunset Over Seattle II
54% 13 votes
0% 0 votes
The Emerald City - Night
41% 10 votes

Comments

• EpixpheresEpixpheres Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited August 13, 2007
    ConsCrit
    Please let me know which is your favorite of these four. C&C welcome. I do have one or two other possibilities that I hope to poll again in a couple of days, but I would like to narrow these down first. I REALLY appreciate your help!!! iloveyou.gif

Sunset Over Seattle I
    183318294-L.jpg

Sunset Over Seattle II
    183511921-L.jpg

183508568-L.jpg

The Emerald City - Night
    183294662-L.jpg

Sunset Over Seattle I
    Very nice! Columbia tower is lost behind the Space Needle though. Mt Raineer is really hazed out... but that is difficult to get a clear shot of from that distance.

Sunset Over Seattle II
    Much better (the one I voted for) Columbia Tower is still dwarfed optically and hidden by the Space Needle. Mt Raineer came out much better though. Too bad the three arches behind the Key Arena are not as destinguised as they are in the night photos.

Nice, but not as good as the rest.

The Emerald City - Night
    This was a hard one... beautiful shot... What I would love to see is the focus being very similiar to the one I voted on, but manuevering a hair to the right so as to have the Columbia Tower free of the clutches of the Space Needle. I love how the three arches glow vibrantly behind the Key Arena though.

Brill photos, I am just nitpickin though!
  • FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2007
    I voted for photo #2 because I like the composition best. It feels like the Space Needle and Mt. Ranier are anchoring down each side of the photo with the nice detail of the skyline in between.

That said, I also really like #4 because it's a beautiful night shot. The reason I didn't vote for it was the crop/composition. Having the Space Needle dead center makes be feel unsettled. Plus, the bright red lights on the lower right and lower left keep pulling focus. Also, the hint of Mt. Ranier off to the right is almost too faint.
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2007
    I think with a little PP that Seatlle II would be awesome...nice balance of Needle and Mt., but I think cropping it up from the bottom would be better, to perhaps just at the top of the arches (which would get rid of them also...unless you can reshoot.) but it would get rid of the trees and the bldgs in front that don't really match the skyrises, I might clone out the straggler piece of the tree that remains, I would also add some contrast and try to bring out the detail/color a bit more in the Mt. and sky, and do some sponge brushing around the bldgs...I probably would play with my levels/curves, to get a richer sunset light...But that is just me

Like the Night shot also, but the trees make it seem like there are holes in the photo and I would probably clone out the MT. totally since it does not make a big impact here, also the needle is a bit centered, so I would try recropping.

Just my thoughts..
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • fashiznitsngrinsfashiznitsngrins Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2007
    Thank you all for your comments. They are all very valid. I must admit I am more confused that before now. I think I will wait until tomorrow and post a new poll. Please hang in here with me... I am not trying to make more work, just trying to be a little methodical in my elimination process.

Thanks again!!