You Know You're a Semi Finalist When

indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
edited August 17, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
You take a screen shot when your own images come up on the third thumbnail in the header.

You lay awake at night dreaming up shots to enter.

You check the entry thread incessantly for new entries and are jealous of the posters because you imagine they can finally relax.

You've already picked out your $1500 worth of goodies from B&H Photo . (Ok, so you've actually carted the items and are just waiting for the gift certificate number to purchase them.)

Add yours below....

Comments

• pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    You take a gorgeous image and go "Great image, too bad it's only qualifier quality, and not good enought for the semi-final =c("
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    You take a gorgeous image and go "Great image, too bad it's only qualifier quality, and not good enought for the semi-final =c("

I only wish I were able to say that (as I sit here empty-handed!). rolleyes1.gif
  • LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    You are a walking zombie because you've been shot sunset last night and then got up in the morning for sunrise.

Edit: OK, that's funnier than I intended. I meant to say something like this:

You are a walking zombie because you shot sunset last night and then got up in the morning for sunrise.
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    LiquidAir wrote:
    You are a walking zombie because you've been shot sunset last night and then got up in the morning for sunrise.

Guilty as charged eek7.gif
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    you might be a redneck semifinalist if....
    You're bribing and begging friends and family members with beer to model for you at bizarre hours of the day.:D
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    You Know You're a Semi Finalist When...
    You'r building "contraptions" to aid in your picture takin'....
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    HoofClix wrote:
    You'r building "contraptions" to aid in your picture takin'....

Guilty. And now I gotta do it all over again, now that I figured out how to do it better :D fun
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    When you've cancelled an appointment with a contractor working on your house, so you can come home and work in CS all night and into the wee hours.
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    you're camera is with you 25 hours a day, instead of the usual 24, and you explain to everyone why...(but you know what - I found it's GREAT advertisement!)
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • Pat664422Pat664422 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2007
    Sometimes when there are no new posts to read in the Contests & Challenges forum, you hit the refresh button on your web browser repeatedly until one of your qualifying round photos comes up at the top.

Ok, maybe it's only me and yes, I am a nerd.
  • LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2007
    Pat664422 wrote:
    Sometimes when there are no new posts to read in the Contests & Challenges forum, you hit the refresh button on your web browser repeatedly until one of your qualifying round photos comes up at the top.

Heh. Just tonight I saw two of my shots in the title bar at the same time. The chances of that are 1 in 2227.5. Soooooo.... am I an nerd too?
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2007
    LiquidAir wrote:
    Heh. Just tonight I saw two of my shots in the title bar at the same time. The chances of that are 1 in 2227.5. Soooooo.... am I an nerd too?

Um, if you have to ask...
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2007
    Pat664422 wrote:

It's not just you.
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2007
    You Know You're a Semi Finalist When...
    Your Plan A contraption just didn't cut it so you went on to Plan C (after Plan B's contraption broke)...
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • DebboggyDebboggy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2007
    You know you're a semi finalist when...
    you're driving to the store, camera on the seat beside you, and hearing a fire truck blaze by with sirens and lights, you contemplate forgetting the bag of diapers you so desperately set out to buy, to follow the truck, hoping to find a huge building on fire with flames sure to win you first prize. rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

(by the way, I was a good mommy and got the diapers. :D Don't think I could really bring myself to benefit by the misfortune of others.)
    ~Debbie~
    Canon Rebel XTi w/18-55mm kit lens
    28-105mm
    100-300mm USM
    100mm macro USM & Kenko extension tubes
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2007
    Hmmm. even though you submitted your entry..you still keep your eye open for the unexpected...JUST IN CASE
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
    edited August 17, 2007
    You are so desperately torn between two entries you can't leave your friends alone for their opinion! Then when they give it, you argue with them for the other one!rolleyes1.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
  • peterst6906peterst6906 Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    You are so desperately torn between two entries you can't leave your friends alone for their opinion! Then when they give it, you argue with them for the other one!rolleyes1.gif

Hey, you don't need friends to do that. I've been doing that internally and arguing with myself.

My current entry is what my family and friends have said they like the most, but my own preference is for another image. The internal argument is bordering on bi-polar disorder.

But what the hey, I've still got a couple of days to get the rock-em, sock-em, knock-em dead, best ever image in the history of the World. So I'm not sweating it, just applying some of my "she'll be right mate" Australian laid-back attitude to things.

But as for my own entry to this thread:

You know you're an LPS semi-finalist when you spend 23 hours a day trawling the internet to find killer images that you think you can improve on.
    It's not my camera's fault, I'm just visually illiterate
    edited August 17, 2007
    My current entry is what my family and friends have said they like the most, but my own preference is for another image. The internal argument is bordering on bi-polar disorder.

I have the exact same problem!

Oh and I've been spending waaaay too much time on Corbis and Veer lately, too. :hide
    Canon 5D MkI