Semi-worthy...?

Pat664422Pat664422 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
edited August 16, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
These are best date-fresh photos I have at the moment. Please let me know if you think any are worthy of the semifinal or if I should keep shootin'.

#1 The Perfect Street
183762788-L.jpg

#2 Skyscraper
182445568-L-1.jpg

#3 Rupture
183759210-L.jpg

#4 Vampiric Bunny
183771354-L.jpg

Semi-worthy or keep shooting 26 votes

The Perfect Street
30% 8 votes
Skyscraper
3% 1 vote
Rupture
7% 2 votes
Vampiric Bunny
0% 0 votes
Keep Shooting
57% 15 votes

Comments

• pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    They're all good, but I think you gotta keep shooting.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • stirfrystirfry Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    Of those, #3 carries the most impact (to me). But I'd still keep shooting and see if you can get something even stronger. thumb.gif I'd ix-nay the unny-bay.

FWIW I really like your picture of #1 but it is a popular shot. Yours is a great picture but it doesn't offer anything unique ... in that vein, maybe not the best entry for LPS ne_nau.gif.

SFO is a great city, so much action to shoot. It won't be hard to find more awesome shots, and it will be fun to see the city through fresh eyes. I can't wait to see moreiloveyou.gif
  • FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    If I had captured these shots, I'd be flying on an emotional high, patting myself on the back. However, compared with what I've seen you do, I say keep shooting. :photo
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com
  • Pat664422Pat664422 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    I appreciate the kind words and encouragement. I kinda figured as well I need something more. From the quality of pictures I've seen so far, it's going to be a tall order. Thanks again for the feedback!
  • tsk1979tsk1979 Registered Users Posts: 937 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2007
    Pat664422 wrote:
    I appreciate the kind words and encouragement. I kinda figured as well I need something more. From the quality of pictures I've seen so far, it's going to be a tall order. Thanks again for the feedback!
    Can you get rid of that irregular car.
    Everything is so symmetric except for that silly car (third from left). Its the only car which is not parked
  • hurricanestevehurricanesteve Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited August 15, 2007
    now this is a vampire bunny :)
    edited August 15, 2007
    tsk1979 wrote:
    Can you get rid of that irregular car.
    Everything is so symmetric except for that silly car (third from left). Its the only car which is not parked

Thanks for the suggestion...I hadn't even noticed the one driving car. I will give it a try if I don't come up with a better picture soon.
    edited August 15, 2007
    now this is a vampire bunny :)

Very nice! I'm glad someone got something out of that pic!
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2007
    I like the Painted Ladies (pic 1) but think it would be great with a bit of PP:
    Get rid of the moving car and, if possible, all of the cars on your side. Then replace the current car colors with those of the houses in front of which they are parked. It would take more PP skills than I have but it would be pretty darn cool in my opinion. You already have great symmetry there....
    E
    edited August 15, 2007
    eoren1 wrote:
    I like the Painted Ladies (pic 1) but think it would be great with a bit of PP:
    Get rid of the moving car and, if possible, all of the cars on your side. Then replace the current car colors with those of the houses in front of which they are parked. It would take more PP skills than I have but it would be pretty darn cool in my opinion. You already have great symmetry there....
    E

That is a pretty cool idea... I don't know if I have the PP skills to make it happen as well as it probably deservers, but I think I may give it a shot this weekend when I have the time to try. Growth, no matter how painful, is what this is supposed to be about, no? thumb.gif
    edited August 15, 2007
    I went down to a lake today in search of some good wildlife pictures. I was hoping to find one the ducks parades of a momma duck followed by a trail of little ducks. Instead I just found this guy - The loniest duck:

184410305-L.jpg

He wasn't really by himself, he just looks sad and droopy to me. He soon joined up with his family:

184414061-L.jpg

I also found a young colorful heron - they seem to have a lot more color when they are young. Unfortunately I think a Solar eclipse or something happened because all the light went away, but he ruffled up his feathers all nice for me:

184367305-L.jpg

Ah well, only a couple more days of frenzied shooting left...
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2007
    The heron is nice. Maybe clean some dirt from the pipe, but other then that it's nice
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section