Options

Ch33: Emotion - Contentment

KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
edited February 24, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I'm not sure if this would work? She loves her showers. If we let her, she would spend the whole day under that water.

Anyway, I had to use my Canon 28-135 IS since my Canon 100 macro won't be here until tomorrow. I can't wait to play with that thing and the 70-200 L IS that's coming along with it.

Please comment and as usual brutal honesty is not only welcome but preferred.

Click for Details.

16408175-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2005
    I am speechless. I want to say something good about it. Well, I can, it is a nice bird shot along with a nice story. The bird must feel awefully good in that shower/bath.clap.gif

The problem with it as an emotion entry is that I can't tell what most birds are feeling emotionally. That bird is so happy, I don't they smile, the bird looks emotion less.

I don't think I would use the bird to show contentment or happiness.

ginger:D
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I am speechless. I want to say something good about it. Well, I can, it is a nice bird shot along with a nice story. The bird must feel awefully good in that shower/bath.clap.gif

The problem with it as an emotion entry is that I can't tell what most birds are feeling emotionally. That bird is so happy, I don't they smile, the bird looks emotion less.

I don't think I would use the bird to show contentment or happiness.

ginger:D
    Thanks, I kind of figured that. She is extremely smart and very affectionate and expressive. She's just getting her voice down, practices all the time, and she understands phrases and tries to use them together.

Since we hear her emotion, I am filling in the blanks in thinking she looks happy to, where in she just looks like a bird.

Ah well, I'll try a human next time.

I'll still gladly take critique on the shot itself though. Thanks.
  • Options
    BridgeCityBridgeCity Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2005
    I like the drip on her nose... :D
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    Khaos,

I agree with Ginger on this one. A great bird shot, but not much emotion. Stick with it... you'll find a shot you like even better for this challenge.
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 24, 2005
    Keith:

With the emotion thing aside, this is a cute shot but I think it's a little blown out and I think I would prefer the water streams and her feet a bit sharper. Just my $.02
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    Kewl shot but I agree with ginge thumb.gif
  • Options
    digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    Khaos wrote:
    I'm not sure if this would work? She loves her showers. If we let her, she would spend the whole day under that water.

Anyway, I had to use my Canon 28-135 IS since my Canon 100 macro won't be here until tomorrow. I can't wait to play with that thing and the 70-200 L IS that's coming along with it.

Click for Details.

gotta agree with ginger, but I have to tell you this shot is absolutely precious. Animals are the bestest!! You made me want to reach out to the bird with a warm fluffy towel and cuddle with her for hours, lol. ok, so I'm crazy.
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    Keith:

With the emotion thing aside, this is a cute shot but I think it's a little blown out and I think I would prefer the water streams and her feet a bit sharper. Just my $.02
    I agree. I'll see if I can get that next time. Thanks.
  • Options
    mslammersmslammers Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    Khaos wrote:

Click for Details.
    Tough since birds don't grin much. However, since she must be happy to stand there.......
    The one thing I would do is get the water in focus. It took me a while to figure out what was going on. It should leap out at you. Once I realized there was a water stream, the bird looked happier. Laughing.gif