Options

Photography Social Network

JWilbur26JWilbur26 Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited August 15, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
Hi All,

Not sure if this is posted in the right topic. I was looking around for a photography social networking site and wasn't able to find one easily. I've been able to find some software to set one up and was curious to know if anyone would be interested in joining one. I've found great benefit from social networks relating to my everyday job and thought it might be something fun for photography.

Let me know...

www.sunshinestatephotography.com

"There are 3 kinds of people in this world...those who can count, and those who can't" :scratch
~Anonymous

Please feel free to edit my images...I can only learn from it.

Comments

• Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    Not trying to be a smart a**, but why not socialize here? There are a lot of friendly people here that appear to love photography.
  • Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    15524779-Ti.gif Isn't that the point of this site & really what it is? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    JWilbur26JWilbur26 Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    Understood...not being a smart a** at all. Yes, a great deal of dgrin is the social aspect. But that social aspect is limited in forums.

Think of MySpace, Facebook, LinkedIn, Ning and a whole slew of others. They make it easy for you to connect to others and meet people with shared interests. I absolutely love dgin, but wouldn't it be nice to get to know more about the people behind the photography.

Just a thought. Like I said, I have benefited from them when it comes to my career.

www.sunshinestatephotography.com

"There are 3 kinds of people in this world...those who can count, and those who can't" :scratch
    ~Anonymous

Please feel free to edit my images...I can only learn from it.
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    I don't care and i would join, is it free? :D
    Perhaps, we can have a spot here on Dgrin just for that socialization purposes and not just photography? You'd think with photogs all over the world, someone would already have thought of that. ne_nau.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    I thought that was what these are for.
  • Options
    LiquidOpsLiquidOps Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    colourbox wrote:
    I thought that was what these are for.

Or perhaps the Show us your Mug thread

Steven
    Wandering Through Life Photography
    MM Portfolio

Canon 30D | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon Speedlite 580ex
  • Options
    rdlugoszrdlugosz Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2007
    Local camera clubs
    You may want to check into local Camera Clubs near your area. There are several in mine (see: Cincinnati Photography Clubs) and each has its own modus operandi...

For example, the Camera Club of Cincinnati has meetings once a week on Thursday nights & each week has a different theme: 1st Thu is Print Night, 2nd is Studio Night (model is brought in for a group shoot), 3rd is a Digital Night (Photoshop presentations, often by yours truly), and 4th is a different topic each month. This club costs money (just $200/yr), but that goes to pay the rent on our studio space. There's also a darkroom, a large mat cutter, etc.

Other clubs in the area are strictly focused on presentation of prints & meet at local libraries & community centers. There are even some large online-only clubs that meet for shoots; those are hosted on meetup.com. The benefit to these clubs is their low (usually free) cost, but they lack the facilities that others offer.

I enjoy the online forums as much as the next guy, but you can really learn a lot from face to face contact with other photogs in your area. I highly recommend you do a quick Google search and check out what your town has to offer.