Options

Still Life

KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
edited February 24, 2005 in Holy Macro
Should I of posted this in the Photoshop arena? I don't really consider any shenanigans occured. :nah

I only changed a little because I wanted to get the feeling of a painting on this one.

As usual, brutal honesty is not only welcome, but preferred.

16408248-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    Keith, I really like the lighting and contrasting colours, shame aobout the blemishes on the apple & lemon thumb.gif
  • Options
    Charlie BrownCharlie Brown Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    i have to disagree about the blemishes, faults are part of the natural beauty, of course i could be wrong.
    I can only hope to progress to the point of one day being a second rate photographer, wish me luck.
  • Options
    KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    i have to disagree about the blemishes, faults are part of the natural beauty, of course i could be wrong.
    I agree. I think too often photographers attempt to remove elements of a photograph which are natural, but for some reason are deemed unacceptable. Too much use of the clone tool isn't always a good thing.

Sometimes it's best to just let the camera capture the reality that's in front of it, IMHO.

I like the shot. Nice composition and lighting.

Kent
    "Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
    Web site
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    Thanks for the comments.

I've rarely seen I perfect looking piece of fruit myself. I think if I would of made everything "perfect", it would of become too synthetic and commercial looking.