One more time please!!!

fashiznitsngrinsfashiznitsngrins Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
edited August 14, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Okay, hope you're not all sick of polls yet. Now that I've narrowed down the city shots, please let me know which you prefer from the two below. C&C welcome. I really appreciate your input - THANKS!!

Sunset Over Seattle II
183882634-L.jpg

MV Tacoma
183891933-O.jpg

Which of these two, please? 19 votes

Sunset Over Seattle II
57% 11 votes
MV Tacoma
42% 8 votes

Comments

• JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    This is a tough one. I really like the Seattle Skyline Pic, it is one of the best that I have seen of that view. But I have seen that view a lot, and the sunlight in the second shot is amazing. So I guess that I would go with that one. Tough call
    Cave ab homine unius libri
  • fashiznitsngrinsfashiznitsngrins Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    Justiceiro wrote:
    This is a tough one. I really like the Seattle Skyline Pic, it is one of the best that I have seen of that view. But I have seen that view a lot, and the sunlight in the second shot is amazing. So I guess that I would go with that one. Tough call

Thanks for the input Justiceiro - much appreciated! I feel so torn over this. I am really happy to have a couple of good shots to choose from, but I was hoping for a clearer "winner" so I could post it with no regrets... Maybe the gap will widen - we'll see.
  • EpixpheresEpixpheres Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited August 14, 2007
    Choices
    I love the Seattle one, but agree that MV Tacoma is my fav.
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    Yikes! This IS a difficult choice... and not knowing the final post processing makes the choice harder.

I think I'd have to go with the ferry. I love how the streaming light on the ferry mimics the rays in the sky -- and it's something that I've not seen a lot of. My eye moves around the frame of the image, and I can almost imagine the ferry with some shadow enhancement work done to it...

tough call.
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    I really like # 2, my only thought, I wish you could have captured it from a lower level angle...so that we could see that beautiful sunset coming right thru the tunnel of the ferry also...The opening at the end of the ferry boat would have "framed and captured" the sunset...I hope you understand what I am trying to say..Laughing.gif

I can't wait to see what you do in PP work....

I would still like to see #1 after you do the PP work, I just really like the levels I see in my mind's eye after a crop, and the MT. opposite all of it. I think with an intense skyline, that photo could really pop and bring out those bldgs.(but I'm not an architect, so I could be just loosing my mind too..Laughing.gif )....From City Life to Nature all in one whack....Good Luck !!!!
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
    edited August 14, 2007
    Dee wrote:
    Yikes! This IS a difficult choice... and not knowing the final post processing makes the choice harder.

I think I'd have to go with the ferry. I love how the streaming light on the ferry mimics the rays in the sky -- and it's something that I've not seen a lot of. My eye moves around the frame of the image, and I can almost imagine the ferry with some shadow enhancement work done to it...

tough call.

I think maybe I worded my initial thread text wrong. I have done a lot of PP already, but was waiting to make any final "tweaks" after I received C&C.

Thanks so much for the response!
    edited August 14, 2007
    Tentacion wrote:
    I really like # 2, my only thought, I wish you could have captured it from a lower level angle...so that we could see that beautiful sunset coming right thru the tunnel of the ferry also...The opening at the end of the ferry boat would have "framed and captured" the sunset...I hope you understand what I am trying to say..Laughing.gif

I can't wait to see what you do in PP work....

I would still like to see #1 after you do the PP work, I just really like the levels I see in my mind's eye after a crop, and the MT. opposite all of it. I think with an intense skyline, that photo could really pop and bring out those bldgs.(but I'm not an architect, so I could be just loosing my mind too..Laughing.gif )....From City Life to Nature all in one whack....Good Luck !!!!

Thanks for the input, Donna. I really tried working with the crop in the first one and it just ain't working for me. I did adjust the curves as you suggested in the earlier post though.

As for getting a lower lever on the ferry, I think I would have lost the nice lines of the car lanes had I been any lower and this was a difficult shot to get position-wise. My only other option was to be about 25ft. lower and it lost all of it's appeal from there...

And as I mentioned above, I have already done quite a bit of PP, so please don't expect too much more out of this :)

Really appreciate all of your thoughts and time - thanks!