Seeing Stripes...

kingmamaof2kingmamaof2 Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
edited August 17, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I'm so sick of looking at stripes I'm going crossed eyed. :rolleyes Okay guys, I need some help in choosing which picture stands out the most(if any). I can't get a reshoot but I have the originals so I can re-edit.

1. I love the colors in this one...
181865232-L.jpg

2. Put in black and white with a bump in contrast.
182089797-L.jpg

3. A 'sunburned' look although this was her true color, I believe she was a yearling.
182089809-L.jpg

4. I love the composition...lines lead to the eye. B/w of the one above...look close the eye is in color-probably my fave of them all.
182090498-L.jpg

Thanks for any help! I appreciate it!!

Comments

• pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    1 & 3 for me. I like the color version. Both compositions work.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    Like 2 and 3 for me..something about the eye stands out to me out of the stripes....
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    4!
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    I think 2 might be my fav (perhaps with color in the eye). I feel the most connection with the animal through the second image. The images with color left in the body of the Zebra seem confusing and detract from the strength and purity of B&W - Besides, everybody knows Zebra's aren't red! (even though in this case it was)headscratch.gif
  • fashiznitsngrinsfashiznitsngrins Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    #1 gets my vote! thumb.gif
  • Pat664422Pat664422 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    I've been coming back to this thread for a while and I can finally say I like #2 the best. It was between the pure B/W images, #2 and #4 for me. I like the observation you made about the lines leading to the eye in #4 - but I've read several times in critiques of animal pictures, their eyes are the key. And the 2nd picture is the one that has the eye most visible. I also love the saturation of black and white in color photo - very neat!
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    Besides, everybody knows Zebra's aren't red!

Hey Hey, Equidae.. Zebras are brown and black as yutes... sometimes also the pink skin shows through the brown hair, especially when they're losing the brown to the white......

#4 to me because the eye is accentuated by the back of the horse.... due to the angle of view...
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    #4 - very nice!!thumb.gif
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2007
    HoofClix wrote:
    Hey Hey, Equidae.. Zebras are brown and black as yutes... sometimes also the pink skin shows through the brown hair, especially when they're losing the brown to the white......

#4 to me because the eye is accentuated by the back of the horse.... due to the angle of view...

Hate to be a flip-flopper...but after looking at this again...and after reading Hoof's comments, I'm changing my preference to #4. :ps
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2007
    4thumb.gif
  • kingmamaof2kingmamaof2 Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2007
    Thanks guys! I may toy around with #2 some more but #4 is still my favorite. I appreciate you all taking the time to comment.thumb.gif
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2007
    I think the one you entered is the best!

very cool contrasts
  • NanaMoNanaMo Registered Users Posts: 189 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2007
    You posted the best!!!

clap.gifclap
    Maureen
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2007
    The real color is so unexpected that I would go with one of those.