SF2 pics ?

DebboggyDebboggy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
edited August 17, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hi guys,

I just got back from vacation last night and took another look at some pics I took for the semifinals. I have no idea which version I like best or if I still need to keep trying something else. I'd love some feedback and although I need to get life back on track (unpack, catch up on laundry, etc.) I'll try to leave some feedback in return.

My problem is, I took this picture of my son Matthew and really liked it, but can't decide on what color editing style works best for it. Then there is also the concern of it being a kid's pic, which I've been reading about on the boards here.:uhoh

I think I like the picture for the style and light, etc, regardless of it being my son in it. I'd love to know what everyone else thinks.

#1 - Black and White
IMG_0090-1_800px_b_w.JPG

#2 - Just Him in Color
IMG_0090-1_800px_just_matty.JPG

#3 - 25% in Color
IMG_0090-1_800px_grass25_.JPG

#4 - 85% in Color
IMG_0090-1_800px_grass85_.JPG

#5 - Ambiance Filter
IMG_0090-1_800px-ambience.JPG

#6 - Better Try Something Else...

Thanks for any help!
~Debbie~
Canon Rebel XTi w/18-55mm kit lens
28-105mm
100-300mm USM
100mm macro USM & Kenko extension tubes

Opinions for SF2 Please: 19 votes

Black and White
10% 2 votes
Just Him in Color
5% 1 vote
25% in Color
15% 3 votes
85% in Color
5% 1 vote
Ambiance Filter
21% 4 votes
Better Try Something Else...
42% 8 votes

Comments

• TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    In my own mind, I like the Ambiance Filter, my eyes were drawn to that one. To me, it adds to a time of innocence, also it just gives that photo a warmth...

As far as posting, "childrens" photo...

I would suggest reading the thread in Indie's thread "Straight Up"
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=68643

Lots of thought processes went on here...

Good Luck
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • kingmamaof2kingmamaof2 Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2007
    If I were to choose which color, I would probably go with #3. To me it's not too bright but not too dull. It's a very pretty picture but I'm with Tentacion, kid pictures usually don't do well unless there is a strong message in the photo. JMHO but then again, I'm not a judge...you just never know.rolleyes1.gif:D
  • DebboggyDebboggy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2007
    Thanks guys. I think I'll keep this one in the back of my mind as a Plan B, but still try for something different/better. Have no idea what and the clock is ticking almost as fast as my mind is racing...:cry
    ~Debbie~
    Canon Rebel XTi w/18-55mm kit lens
    28-105mm
    100-300mm USM
    100mm macro USM & Kenko extension tubes
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2007
    #5 Ambience is what I'm drawn to as well.
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2007
    None of them do it for me. The whole if-this-wasn't-your-kid-would-you-like-this-picture-as-much thang. Keep shootin! Good on ya!

Jesse