image upload????

scar488scar488 Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
edited August 15, 2007 in SmugMug Support
is there a faster way to upload 400pics other than the drag n drop...takes awhile to get em all uploaded...roughly 14-18 hours....

Comments

• AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    scar488 wrote:
    is there a faster way to upload 400pics other than the drag n drop...takes awhile to get em all uploaded...roughly 14-18 hours....

Hi,

Well, the drag and drop uploader has an unlimited batch size and you can upload multiple batches at once, so I'm guessing you're not spending those 14-18 hours dragging and dropping, correct? You're just waiting on the upload itself?

Most likely, it's not the uploader that is the problem. Slow uploads are usually due to the reasons listed here: http://www.smugmug.com/help/speed .

-Anne
  • scar488scar488 Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    yah i usualy just copy all 400 and then drop em and wait? or should i do like 50 and 50 etc....????
  • BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited August 15, 2007
    scar488 wrote:
    yah i usualy just copy all 400 and then drop em and wait? or should i do like 50 and 50 etc....????
    Hey scar,

On the drag and drop uploader, you'll see a link most of the way down the paage on the left that says try a different uploader. Click that. Then you'll see a list of uploaders, with the universal drag and drop listed first. Choose it again.

Now you'll notice in your address bar that the smugmug address reads applet=6 at the end. Change that to a 7 and click enter. A new uploader should come up which can upload three files simlutaneously. If you are using Internet Explorer, you'll see progress meters for all three files.

Let us know if that helps your cause.

Thanks,
    Baldy