Recommendation on PhotoShop CS2 Books?

wannabe1979wannabe1979 Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
edited August 15, 2007 in People
I know this probably needs to go in "Finishing School" but I post more here. I recently got a copy of PS CS2 and I'm pretty much ignorant to it. I've read and downloaded all the tutorials I can find here on Dgrin but figure its time to look for a "how to" book. Or if there are any sites that would be beneficial to newbies.

Thanks for any help.
Larry :rofl
www.hallphotography.smugmug.com

Tool Box:
Canon Digital ReBeL XTi (40d on order)
85mm f1.8, EF-75-300mm f1:4-5.6, 28-55 f3.5

Comments

• pyrtekpyrtek Registered Users Posts: 539 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2007
    I know this probably needs to go in "Finishing School" but I post more here.

Ummm... headscratch.gif
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2007
    I'm sure there is a 'Photoshop for Dummies" somewhere ne_nau.gif I pretty much learned everything from the tutorials i could find. From layers, to colors, to curves, to masks, to .... you've got the idea!!
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • salazarsalazar Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2007
    This is the only CS2 book I've used but i like it: The Photoshop CS2 Book for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby

http://www.scottkelbybooks.com/product/the-photoshop-cs2-book-for-digital-photographers/

YMMV
    Please feel free to retouch and repost my images. Critique, Suggestions, and Technique tips always welcomed. Thanks for your interest.
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2007
    I used the photoshop Total Training videos and loved it. The guy is very funny and they try to make it not so boring. They start at the very beginning (the very best place to start) and it is great. Then you just watch the video and follow along on your computer while the video is paused.

AND, now you can get an online subscription to all Adobe product Training Videos available very inexpensively. (in fact until the end of July they had a buy one get one subscription special on and I went in on it with another Adobe junkie)

It worked for me, and I hope you find what works for you!